Just curious

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just Curious II

Hey John,
January Thaws have always been a factor for Winter enthusiasts but this one seems much longer than usual. Typically we'll have 3 to 5 days of a warm up and then back to the cold. This thaw just seems to be lasting much longer in fact I don't recall a January Thaw this long and intense. Any thoughts?

Gary

attack_06

Think he's avoiding this subject I've noticed not really any weather sites are talking about what's coming up for February maybe the models are just too confused this year so far I think the winters been even worse than last year and I thought last year was bad but with any lu k maybe it will last longer in to March this year

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Not avoiding the subject, I just do not answer specific weather forecast questions on the board. Just one of the rules I have for the board.

To answer Gary's question. This is an unusually long "January Thaw". I cannot really say why it has been so long, but was indicated by the models last week. Next week looks to bring winter back.

-John

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a result of global warming and what we can start to expect more often?

I seriously doubt that this is a result of any kind of global warming. Just two years ago we were in the midst of the next ice age.

As far as what to expect in the future out beyond a week or two...your guess is as good as mine.

-John