Just saying hi - been a while

snocrazy

Hope all are enjoying the winter. Im still at it in the Munising area plugging away improving trails.
Some how... I am now the local club vp and a board member for misorva. Attempting to bring logic and reason.. ;)
I have not been on the computer much during the corona. Just hanging out in the woods away from people.
No longer working at the pc all day long like the past. This forum was a part of my daily ritual for a long time.
I see a lot of the same names active in the forum. Nice to see.

Trails are in great shape in our area. The East side of Alger County is best.
Could use more snow in , xmas - autrain area. LES snow hitting us good now. I am grooming tonight out of Christmas in the Trail Bully.
That is if I can make it to the groomer. m28 been closed most of the day. There was a bad 3 car crash in autrain.

Any ways...... hope all are happy and healthy

Think Snow

heckler56

Welcome back! How is your father down in Illinois doing? As I recall he had an altercation with a thug a couple years ago.

Thank you for all your support of the trails in the area.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Nice to hear from you again, always enjoy your posts. Thank you for your involvement with SORVA. The improvement in the Munising area after they took over was phenomenal.

snocrazy

ah the yz...... It is sitting in the garage. I need to pull the motor again. The head bolts were stripped by prior owner. I need to heli coil them.
It does run good but you can see the head is leaking slightly. I could not get 2 of the studs to tighten. The last couple of years it seems all I do is repair broken equipment. Cars, saws, hell, anything with a motor.

Went out riding all the trails last night. Talk about smiles. We bull dozed 419 this past summer. (thanks johnny chicago)
That trail is now my favorite trail. The old F6 was running crisp. It was cold but worth it. Not many were out.

skiroule

Welcome back, good to hear from you. Wondering if you still have any old iron in the fleet or if you've gotten smarter :). Took one of mine out for a ride today - still a lot of fun.

snocrazy

I put over 200 miles on the 2004 F6 yesterday. Trails have been incredible during the week.
Just got the old mach 1 with the 670 out the other day. Ready for the relic ride.
Still have a 2000 srx for trail riding. Off trail I still run the Mountain Viper. I did have to get a new tunnel. I had an incident with a secondary bearing going and eating my tunnel and clutch. Picked up a complete parts sled with a blown motor for $300. Parts sled was LOW miles.
No more bender clutch parts avail. I went and got creative with dalton and a red spring. Seems to be back to normal.
I now need to figure out the gutting of the airbox. She loads up. Black plugs. Always golden in the past. Secondary shaft destroyed the airbox .
I threw it out with out noting how bender had the thing gutted.
So yes.... still riding the old iron. What I want is 15k to 20k..... Never spent more than 3k on a sled in my life...

skiroule

Sounds like you’re having no trouble keeping busy.
So yes.... still riding the old iron. What I want is 15k to 20k..... Never spent more than 3k on a sled in my life...
I like your style and I can relate. Don’t know if they’re getting it but guys are also not shy about asking big money for some vintage models. Try to buy a Liquidator or Starfire for less than a small fortune. Seeing the same thing on the auto auctions – $85,000+ is common for 67- 69 Camaros. Nice cars, but 85K? The Mopar stuff is even more off the chart. No shortage of buyers though.