Keep right

Pit Grunt

What has to be done to keep riders on the right side of the trail? I was testing a new sled this weekend and my wife was just behind me. In a right hand corner the riders ski just missed mine. As I pull away I thought he will move to the right and miss my wife, But no bounced off her ski. We where riding at about 30 mph. If I would have been off my side at all, He would have taken me out.

I just can't see why riders can't stay on their side. Rant Over.

Please KEEP RIGHT!!!!!!

whitedust

Yep I have clicked skis from time to time & pissed me off too. They never stop to check on you just keep hauling gass.

xsledder

I noticed in Munising over Super Bowl weekend the farther right I pulled over on the trail, the closer to the middle of the trail the oncoming traffic moved towards. Give an inch, they take a mile.

whitedust

I noticed in Munising over Super Bowl weekend the farther right I pulled over on the trail, the closer to the middle of the trail the oncoming traffic moved towards. Give an inch, they take a mile.

THAT IS A VERY GOOD OBSERVATION! I noticed the same thing & if you push back they move over....crazy!

xsledder

THAT IS A VERY GOOD OBSERVATION! I noticed the same thing & if you push back they move over....crazy!

Yep! I started staying on the middle of my side of the trail (the right side) and they stayed closer to their side of the trail.

T

Team Elkhorn

My favorite thing is when groups realize I'm not giving up my side of the trail just because they're riding too fast. They slide and fishtail trying to get back on their side of the trail, nearly running into each other. Its like watching the three stooges. WOO WOO WOO!:D

harski

This happens with cars too on a snowy roadway!

pirate

Here are a few thoughts , a lot of the riders out there are about as half as good or as fast as they think they are . And have limited actual skills to be driving a sled that is clearly to much for them if they realized it .
2) The old your going to go where you look syndrome , instead of looking to stay right they look at you coming and start to drive towards you or drift over , or they look down the middle of the trail and that is where the sled goes, which on a 9/10' wide trail is a big issue . 3) we can point it out and Bi%& about on here , but most of those who ride like that don't even probably read or join sites like this . And are the same people who don't care about trail signs or where not to ride . It's all about them . Just my thoughts ..

xcsp

Here are a few thoughts , a lot of the riders out there are about as half as good or as fast as they think they are . And have limited actual skills to be driving a sled that is clearly to much for them if they realized it .
2) The old your going to go where you look syndrome , instead of looking to stay right they look at you coming and start to drive towards you or drift over , or they look down the middle of the trail and that is where the sled goes, which on a 9/10' wide trail is a big issue . 3) we can point it out and Bi%& about on here , but most of those who ride like that don't even probably read or join sites like this . And are the same people who don't care about trail signs or where not to ride . It's all about them . Just my thoughts ..

I agree with the above statements!

Hey Pit, what was the sled that you were riding??

Pit Grunt

Can't say yet. Has a 900 ACE motor. Kinda like a TNT. Sorry....If I brought it back crashed, s??t would have hit the fan.

F

fusion

My favorite thing is when groups realize I'm not giving up my side of the trail just because they're riding too fast. They slide and fishtail trying to get back on their side of the trail, nearly running into each other. Its like watching the three stooges. WOO WOO WOO!:D

I hear ya...but problem with that thinking is, makes it a game of chicken! I'm not down with that, just stay right.

T

Team Elkhorn

I hear ya...but problem with that thinking is, makes it a game of chicken! I'm not down with that, just stay right.
No games. I stay to the right but like I said, I'm not giving up my side of the trail. I'm not going to run myself into a tree just to avoid ruining some trail racer's weekend.
;)

Last edited: