Keewenaw north of houghton?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. Did not groom in the warm temps. But went out as temps were dropping last night.

Check out the trail cam 2 for the look of things.

-John

rich_jelinek

Subscribed - I'm wondering also, we're supposed to be heading up that way on friday. Any realistic chance of some new freshen up snow this week ?

dpd43

Rich, You must have found lodging, weather channel forecast for colder temps, not very much, if any, snow forecast. See ya on the trail! Dave and Adam
I am waiting for John's update tomorrow morning and finalizing my plans to head up Thursday. Think Snow!!

packerlandrider

Trail 3 south of Houghton has yet to be groomed - saw a couple riders on it an hour ago and it looked painful. As a groomer operator back home I completely understand not being able to groom the last two days. However, hopefully they get to it soon - one of the busiest sections of trail in the U.P. and at 24 degrees it's freezing into a very large washboard as I write this.

rich_jelinek

Rich, You must have found lodging, weather channel forecast for colder temps, not very much, if any, snow forecast. See ya on the trail! Dave and Adam
I am waiting for John's update tomorrow morning and finalizing my plans to head up Thursday. Think Snow!!

Not just yet, still waiting to decide the best area to go, although I have to think the Kewee will have survived this warm up the best of anyplace...................

dpd43

Looks pretty good up in Kewee. Just made Thurs night reservation. If you have 4 people or less and a cabin works, the Hallmark hut had opening and is in Twin lakes. They got back to me when it opened up but with just 2 of us we will hunker down at Julie's Motor lodge. Good luck, safe travels and see you on the trails!

dekx

Any update on conditions, looking to leave wednesday, Thanks everyone! Just wondering if trails are pure ice....