Keweenaw area trail conditions

IOWASLEDDER

I've been up from Iowa since Sunday morning and all I have to say is hats off to the trails clubs up here from Mass City all the way to Copper Harbor!! Absolutely great riding this week. Been on every trail in the Keweenaw except 133 from Lac La Belle to Gay. Was told by multiple people to stay off that trail. But thanks to the clubs and local businesses for a great trip up here. We still have 2 days left but trails up here are flat out awesome!!!

Bass

Our group was up there early Jan. We stayed at D's Base Camp. Tried making it to Copper Harbor but it thinned out too much so we had to turnaround. We did make it to Gay though. We're heading back up tomorrow and it sounds like Copper Harbor is now definitely doable??

jd

Administrator
Staff member
There has been around 60" that has fallen since early Jan, so there is a BIG difference in snow conditions now vs. then.

-John

IOWASLEDDER

Our group was up there early Jan. We stayed at D's Base Camp. Tried making it to Copper Harbor but it thinned out too much so we had to turnaround. We did make it to Gay though. We're heading back up tomorrow and it sounds like Copper Harbor is now definitely doable??
Oh gosh yes! No problems at all. Just 133 seems to be the problem. I can't tell you for sure as we never rode that trail. The trail to Dreamland from 122 was even groomed! We put on 650 miles total for trip. Friday the trails were getting a little on the rough side but groomers were out everywhere. Traffic was pretty heavy on Friday and especially on Saturday.