Keweenaw County 1/21-25/2013

skiroule

Love these guest shots - best work avoidance strategy I've found.

How fast conditions can change! Posting just a few shots of a recent trip to the Keweenaw. Took the RMK for a little off-trail and the TX for trail riding LOL. Great treatment for the Lack of Snow Blues.

DSCN1967.jpg DSCN1957.jpg DSCN1956.jpg DSCN1969.jpg

snoluver1

Great pics Skiroule! Love the one of the TX with Mt Bohemia in the background. That's screen saver material right there!

You should post the video you took of the trail ride on the TX. That was great!!!:)

skiroule

loved that tx i was talking to you at the mosquito before you took it down the trail

ttallin! We meet again! It was great talking to you. Really appreciate you "younger" guys taking an interest in the vintage stuff. Yeah, I forgot to mention that I took it for a spin in the Toivola area as well.

Hopefully you had a good ride - I sure hated to leave all that white stuff.

Last edited:

5x700t136

I have some video of our ride after we met you at the MOsquito. Too bad you weren't able to join us. The powder was great for the first of the season ride. KInd lof sad it had to be he end of January for the first off trail ride.

skiroule

Thanks Bradzoo. It was a panic to get it ready for this winter but I can't believe how much fun I've had with it. These things are surprisingly fast - of course it's a little different perspective being 8 inches off the trail.

So far it has been running like a swiss watch. Good thing, as I've done a fair amount of riding with no backup (no one ever accused me of being bright). I say it's all about having confidence in your machine.

Bradzoo

I'm in need of a belly pan for mine, at least thats the biggest thing, everything else is fixable or I can find a replacement here is a pic of mine I also have a 79" TX 440

017[1].jpg

skiroule

Bradzoo, a lot of potential there! The tank and console look really good - very important. These are hard to find in good condition. Pans pop up now and then but it seems like they get snapped up pretty fast. I think there might be at least one outfit that makes repros.

The coincidences are starting to add up. I also have a 79 440. Maybe we can get all four of them side by side someday.

As you know, when these first came out, there wasn’t much for groomed trails. I shot this short segment with that memory in mind. This was taken on the way back to Lac La Belle last week but could have easily been taken 30 years ago almost anyplace in the midwest. This is how they were originally ridden.

Bradzoo

Bradzoo, a lot of potential there! The tank and console look really good - very important. These are hard to find in good condition. Pans pop up now and then but it seems like they get snapped up pretty fast. I think there might be at least one outfit that makes repros.

The coincidences are starting to add up. I also have a 79 440. Maybe we can get all four of them side by side someday.

As you know, when these first came out, there wasn’t much for groomed trails. I shot this short segment with that memory in mind. This was taken on the way back to Lac La Belle last week but could have easily been taken 30 years ago almost anyplace in the midwest. This is how they were originally ridden.

I remember trails like that all to well and smaller but back then I was riding a Rupp Nitro, been having fun of sleds since 1969, are you going up to the Keweenaw antique ride in Feb.?

Bradzoo