Keweenaw Snowmobile Club Trail Clean-up

garyl62

This has always been a great time, but now that the club was organized last year I'm guessing the event and size of the group will grow from what it's been. The Superior Club does a great job with their weekend and I know some of you weren't able to make it to that, so here is another chance to get out in the woods of the UP and help out a little before the season starts. From the sounds of things in John's Journal there are a few different areas that need some work, but it also sounds like there will be some good social opportunities as well. With just over 3 weeks to go (Friday Oct 21- Sat 10/22) now is the time to schedule a day or two off work, finish up your projects at home so you can get the "blessing" to head north, and start making your plans. I know I'll be getting up there Thursday night and staying until Sunday and can't wait to see some old friends, make some new ones and enjoy some great food and drink in the Keweenaw!

Consider this a roll call of sorts, who's coming?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Gary for posting this. I was truly going to get to it one of these days!

Anyway, as has been mentioned, the Keweenaw Snowmobile Club is holding its trail work session on Oct 21-22. The two jobs we all will be working on are:
1) Clearing the way for a re-route in the Mohwak area.
2) Bridge work on a section of trail 124 between Gay and Phoenix.

Both will provide plenty of things to do, but will also be more fun than the standard brushing/signing work.

Free lodging is being provided by D's Basecamp in Toivola and the Trailside Lodge just north of Calumet. When you call to make your reservations, be sure to tell them you are coming up for the trail work session.

There will also be a free dinner/get-together Saturday evening after all the work is done. I plan to cook up some brisket/pulled pork on the smoker to feed everyone. A roll call would be nice, so that we know how many workers will be coming and I know how much food to prepare! Hope to see a lot of you here!

Thanks!

-John

towtruck

I will there for Saturday work , got a room at the Trailside- I told Debbie I could bunk with Gary if she didn't want to mess up another room-is that ok with you Gary?
In any case I will be there Friday night- I have a chain saw and an atv, will bring hammer, hand saw, drill and anything else I see laying around- if there is anything specific we need let me know-
Joel- 612-889-9009

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome!

Looks like we will have a good crew this year!

Looking forward to seeing you all!

-John

garyl62

I will there for Saturday work , got a room at the Trailside- I told Debbie I could bunk with Gary if she didn't want to mess up another room-is that ok with you Gary?
In any case I will be there Friday night- I have a chain saw and an atv, will bring hammer, hand saw, drill and anything else I see laying around- if there is anything specific we need let me know-
Joel- 612-889-9009

As long as I've got a room with 2 beds this year you're welcome to one of them, you'll have to put up with the snoring though! I'll check on the plan when I get there Thursday night so I'll know if I'll need to leave the light on for ya