Keweenaw Trails 124 & 133 Closed for the SEASON??

sledhead1125

I just saw a post on Facebook from MI DNR that trails 124 & 133 are closed for the SEASON!

I hope that's not true but if it is, trail 3 will be a nightmare...no way to keep up with traffic.

Not to mention that 124 is one of my favorites...

Logging all winter....

Not good to see if this is true/closed for season...Our club trip will be affected by these closures. Agree..traffic will increase on the main artery.

Thought about coming up for 2 days next week too.

clark_w

It shows and I thought I read that it was only temporary closing and hope to have them open next week?

Hope so... I would like to ride them New Years Weekend...

Clark

rich_jelinek

That really sux, really cuts off a couple of nice loops. 133 is usually a bear this early in the season anyway, but 124 is one of my faves and it breaks up having to use 3 all the time.

Does anyone know if you can ride out to a certain point and turn around and backtrack on either one just for the ride anyway ? Or are they completely closed from one end to the other ?

We're heading up there tomorrow..............................

124 had yellow caution up across trail where it’s meets 3 by Vansville bar. I had heard both are closed until Christmas or shortly after unless that changed. 124 is a great ride it would be a shame if it was closed all season.

rich_jelinek

It would be nice if they had them at least partially open, 124 to maybe the snow gauge or a place where the groomer could turn around. They'll probably get them opened up the day after we leave, but we'll prob get up to the Kewee at least one more time this season. Oh well, just have to make the best of it I guess. Still a bummer though..................there's always something up there getting screwed up by logging operations.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Logging first, snowmobile trails 2nd, that's the way it is, snd always will be. Thank you to the land owners for letting the trail go through there to begin with.

wiharley02

Anybody have any recent reports riding the following trails? Are they smoothing out now that they are opened back up for the season?
132: from trail 3 to Lac La Belle
133: from Lac La Belle to Gay
124: from Phoenix to Gay/Lac La Belle Road (intersecting 122?)
Thanks!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I was on all of 132 from LLB to Delaware and parts of 124 from Phoenix to Gay and they were in good shape. A few studder bumps here and there, but overall was nice! This was this past Saturday afternoon.

-John

rjthunder

We hit the yellow caution flags for trail 124 heading for Lake Linden, it would not let us turn on 124. A couple miles later we hit an intersection for 124 so we hit that. Must have rerouted. Best trail we hit all day. Pretty impressive considering it was Saturday afternoon and it was 40 degrees out. Kudos to whoever takes care of that trail.