Klim Bavacala

se3racing

What is the difference between a Klim Arctic and a Klim Glacier Bavacala? I don't see much difference in them besides length.

misty_pines

The Glacier appears to be a little lighter for more aggressive riding but still in cold conditions. The bottom skirt is different with a drawstring on the bottom. Looks good.

katden4

The arctic is very nice for open face trail riding in really cold weather. It's most likely too warm for most off trail riding.

What is the difference between a Klim Arctic and a Klim Glacier Bavacala? I don't see much difference in them besides length.

Steve - the Arctic is thicker and warmer than the Glacier. Both use "zonal" material..... More insulated in key areas around the face, less insulated on top and on the back of head. I have and use both.... I use the Arctic when it's below 15F and the Glacier above 15F. Wear the Glacier about 70% of the time but always carry the Arctic with me.

- MikeyB (aka "snowtime")

se3racing

Mike great info! What googles do you rock with the Fly F2? Do you also use the cold kit in the front of your helmet. I switched to the FLY F-2 and was getting some fog issues which I never got with my HJC and ProVue goggles. (Unless it was below zero)

se3racing

Mike great info! What googles do you rock with the Fly F2? Do you also use the cold kit in the front of your helmet. I switched to the FLY F-2 and was getting some fog issues which I never got with my HJC and ProVue goggles. (Unless it was below zero)

Mike saw your post on HCS thanks!

Mike saw your post on HCS thanks!

Still rockin 509 X5's... next pair will be triple9 or dragon just to try something different. If the goggle is up to high in your F2 the top vents in the goggle frame will be blocked by the helmet, this restricts airflow and can lead to fogging.