Lake County ORV Trails are open

wolflake1

Spring has sprung and the trails are a rockin. Almost all of the snow and frost has left the area and so has most of the mud, except where the sun just can't reach the trail yet. I went for a short 20 mile ride on Monday and the trails were still pretty smooth from the snowmobile grooming season. Grooming is scheduled to start on 4-1-10, if our new grooming drag is completed by then. Yes that is right, we groom the ORV routes here during the summer months. Lake County has over 200 miles of ORV trails and routes that wind through the Manistee National and Pere Marquette State Forest <a href="http://www.wolflakemotel.com">www.wolflakemotel.com</a>

polarisrider1

Spring has sprung and the trails are a rockin. Almost all of the snow and frost has left the area and so has most of the mud, except where the sun just can't reach the trail yet. I went for a short 20 mile ride on Monday and the trails were still pretty smooth from the snowmobile grooming season. Grooming is scheduled to start on 4-1-10, if our new grooming drag is completed by then. Yes that is right, we groom the ORV routes here during the summer months. Lake County has over 200 miles of ORV trails and routes that wind through the Manistee National and Pere Marquette State Forest <a href="http://www.wolflakemotel.com">www.wolflakemotel.com</a>

Please do not stear anyone wrong. ORV's the bulk of the trails are on the east side of M37. Please do not send your customers on the snowmobile trails is all I ask. This is an issue that I keep in front of the IATA.

wolflake1

You are absolutely right polarisrider1. That is why the thread reads, “Lake County ORV Trails are Open”. Not that the snowmobile trails are open to ORV traffic. Yes most of the trails are on the west side of M-37. The Little Manistee (46 miles of routes and 46 miles of trails), Lincoln Hills (21 miles of routes and 21 miles of trails) and Tin Cup Springs (21 miles of routes and 21 miles of trails) are all on the east side of M-37, but the Little O which is a 46 mile trail is on the west side of M-37. We have worked long and hard with several trips to Lansing to even get an ORV ordinance to allow ORV traffic on some of the county roads. (Which is effect April 1st through November 31st), so in no way, do me or any of my staff want to see anyone break the rules. We have maps in our office and try to explain to our ORV guess, what trails and roads that are open, but we can not make them all obey the rules and laws and to stay on the ORV trails, routes and the county roads that are open. But it’s just like driving down the freeway, the speed limit is 70, everyone knows the speed limit is 70 and there are signs everywhere, but some people still drive 80. Tim

wolflake1

Sorry I had a misprint on the first one. You are absolutely right polarisrider1. That is why the thread reads, “Lake County ORV Trails are Open”. Not that the snowmobile trails are open to ORV traffic. Yes most of the trails are on the east side of M-37. The Little Manistee (46 miles of routes and 46 miles of trails), Lincoln Hills (21 miles of routes and 21 miles of trails) and Tin Cup Springs (21 miles of routes and 21 miles of trails) are all on the east side of M-37, but the Little O which is a 46 mile trail is on the west side of M-37. We have worked long and hard with several trips to Lansing to even get an ORV ordinance to allow ORV traffic on some of the county roads. (Which is effect April 1st through November 31st), so in no way, do me or any of my staff want to see anyone break the rules. We have maps in our office and try to explain to our ORV guess, what trails and roads that are open, but we can not make them all obey the rules and laws and to stay on the ORV trails, routes and the county roads that are open. But it’s just like driving down the freeway, the speed limit is 70, everyone knows the speed limit is 70 and there are signs everywhere, but some people still drive 80. Tim