Lake effect snow

Nick1787

Hi John,

I'm new to the group, but a long time frequenter of your page. I've always enjoyed looking at your maps and forecasts, and have really liked the new videos to this point. One question I have is around lake effect. Your videos, and forecasts in general haven't seemed to address it much, but on a day like today, I know there are parts of the UP getting hit pretty hard. I realize there isn't much in the outlook for system snows, but do you think the lake effect could still pile up pretty good over the next couple weeks in the UP snow belts?

Thanks

Nick

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Nick

I could have covered the lake effect currently going on better in today's video. Weak excuses, but it was a crazy morning for me and it was also the first LES event since I started doing the videos, so still trying to find my groove!

As for talk about LES in the future, there just is not much seen in the next week or so, so had nothing to talk about!

I am glad you brought this up. I will do my best to remember talking about it when there is some LES going on or in the forecast.

-John

Nick1787

Hi Nick

I could have covered the lake effect currently going on better in today's video. Weak excuses, but it was a crazy morning for me and it was also the first LES event since I started doing the videos, so still trying to find my groove!

As for talk about LES in the future, there just is not much seen in the next week or so, so had nothing to talk about!

I am glad you brought this up. I will do my best to remember talking about it when there is some LES going on or in the forecast.

-John

Sounds great, and thank you. Hopefully we’ll get past these next few days and then see our snow potential increase. Thanks for what you’re doing!

Nick