Lake Gogebic motel recommendations??

Hey, just looking for a place to stay thats somewhat reasonable for a buddy and myself.We were going to stay at the Root Cellar, but there full the dates we wanted a week and a half from now.Their half price rooms must be popular! It would be nice to have something centrally located for riding around Bergland and points north as well.

slimcake

You couldn't pay me to stay at root cellar. The owner/manager is a complete assss. He is so anti sledder it is disgusting. You would think they would want business but it sure doesn't seem that way. Try the gogebic lodge. Or there is a northwoods directory link on the bottom left on this site.

karenlg91783

Root Cellar is a great place to stay!

Hey this message goes out to Crawford Sledder, and everyone else, any time you have the opportunity to stay @ the Root Cellar go for it, in speaking from personal experience the owners' Jane & Rick couldn't be more accomodating. My whole crew has stayed up there with them for the last 3 years, and have a trip planned for this winter. When we had a sled break down Rick was out there with us, and when we couldn't fix the problem he got on the phone & called around to see who could fix our problem. Rick & Jane are some really great people.

mride460

You couldn't pay me to stay at root cellar. The owner/manager is a complete assss. He is so anti sledder it is disgusting. You would think they would want business but it sure doesn't seem that way. Try the gogebic lodge. Or there is a northwoods directory link on the bottom left on this site.

X2. Rick is a total package A-H! He is Just as bad in the summer.

Last edited:

slimcake

Ya and yet they make money apparently. Imagine how much money could be made if you actually were friendly and had decent hours!!! Wonder if he wants to sell the place?? He woke me up at 630 one morning to tell me he didn't like how I parked my sled. Told me to move it. He woke me again at 830. Worst thing is he knocked on the two rooms on both sides of mine to see who "the ******* with the pro r" was..... First night I was there I had prime rib and filled four sleds with gas. That was the last penny they saw from me. I could go on and on about that place......

mride460

Ya and yet they make money apparently. Imagine how much money could be made if you actually were friendly and had decent hours!!! Wonder if he wants to sell the place?? He woke me up at 630 one morning to tell me he didn't like how I parked my sled. Told me to move it. He woke me again at 830. Worst thing is he knocked on the two rooms on both sides of mine to see who "the ******* with the pro r" was..... First night I was there I had prime rib and filled four sleds with gas. That was the last penny they saw from me. I could go on and on about that place......

Hahaha!! The last time we were there he was darn near foaming at the mouth yelling across the bar at 8 of us about where we parked our sleds. Made a real nice impression in front of the 30 or 40 customers they had there at the bar.

Surprisingly the lady who took my call at the Root Cellar and took down my info for a call back was very nice as was the person who called me back.In a timely manner as well, maybe this is how they lure people in lol!

Dgoz

The Timbers all the the owners are great rooms are clean. love the Timbers just DO NOT follow the RR grade back from the Bay Bar 110 dollar ticket

mride460

The Timbers all the the owners are great rooms are clean. love the Timbers just DO NOT follow the RR grade back from the Bay Bar 110 dollar ticket

X2! They are great @ The Timbers. Great rates and I think her name is Penny, She and her husband are a hoot!!

ss440

Hey this message goes out to Crawford Sledder, and everyone else, any time you have the opportunity to stay @ the Root Cellar go for it, in speaking from personal experience the owners' Jane & Rick couldn't be more accomodating. My whole crew has stayed up there with them for the last 3 years, and have a trip planned for this winter. When we had a sled break down Rick was out there with us, and when we couldn't fix the problem he got on the phone & called around to see who could fix our problem. Rick & Jane are some really great people.

Jane has gotten a lot nicer, but Rick has been a you know what since the day he showed up in LG. You would think for a guy who has a rich uncle, that purchased the business for him he would be a very happy guy. Most of the locals avoid the place. Its a shame, Gene and Kathy the original owners were typical U.P. hosts(fantastic).

durphee

i stayed at Gogebic Lodge and had a great experience, ie. food, gas, drinks, accomodations, staff, etc... I would recommend them also. I also had a great experience at Timberline Sports. I didn't have an emergency, a piece of my modular helmet broke, but they were very nice to deal with. You treat me with respect and I will be back to spend my money.

mride460

i stayed at Gogebic Lodge and had a great experience, ie. food, gas, drinks, accomodations, staff, etc... I would recommend them also. I also had a great experience at Timberline Sports. I didn't have an emergency, a piece of my modular helmet broke, but they were very nice to deal with. You treat me with respect and I will be back to spend my money.

X2. Both great places to do business with!!