L'Anse to Big Bay

no update yet, but from jd forecast, its still a few snowfalls shy.......that's one of the best trails in all the u.p..... 14E/W

Kmrobb

According to the noaa maps, that is where the most snow was... Not sure how accurate those snow analysis reports are...

Woodtic

I spend a bit of time in that area wheeling in the none snow months. The trail goes through swamps and there are A lot of beaver dams. Some water can be a foot deep and 200 yards long. That's a trail that needs a good week of sub temps.

boardmandan

Looks like the LES might have kicked things into gear...? Anyone riding towards Big Bay?

We rode that on Saturday and did not see one other snowmobile. There were a lot of frozen 4 wheeler ruts the first few miles out of L'Anse. Then it was OK until we came across an area flooded by a beaver dam. It was broken up and iced over again but looked too deep to risk it so we rerouted on the roads. Wet areas are just that, wet, muddy, rocky, and many roots. After that it was pretty good, a little whooped out near a bar/restaurant along the way that I can't remember the name of. Once north of that the trails had been groomed once (according to a guy at the gas station) and ridden lightly, very good riding. Getting into Big Bay for gas and lunch was very poor conditions. They need cold to freeze the water and snow to cover the rocks, etc, and a good grooming. So to summarize, it was good to get out riding, so I don't regret it, but wouldn't do it again until there's more cold and snow. Now I need to wash my sled and check for any damage.