lansing demonsration

jonesin

dont believe all you read and see about this event!

my son was there and said it was sooo inspiring and one of the best events he has ever been to
he is only 20, went by himself, said he met people of all types, color, etc, met union workers, byrnie supporters ....
he said everyone was happy, fun, talkitive, friendly and he said when people did happen to get close they were careful and respectful

i keep seeing how hospitals were closed but that is false news, pics all over were protest cars kept lanes open at hospitals and hospitals released statements saying they were clear
the guys standing together on the steps were an independent group making their own statement
channel 8 new included shots of a demonsration for right to work showing cops in riot gear, that was from some other year, they have since appoligized for the "error" ***?
my son said the police were great, none had masks, kept their distance, were laughing and smiling, riding bikes around and all but they were not all over the place

he came back more excited and pumped up than i have seen in a long time
kept comparing it to better than the best 4th of july celebration!
he says it gave him hope for this country!

just wanted to vent, sick of hearing all the bs

dfattack

awesome post Jonesin. I truly believe that if both the left and the right focused on American values and freedoms this country would be in much better shape. Nice to hear about peaceful protests instead of the antifa type crap we see going on.

The size of a protest matters a lot. Back in my college days when the National Guard shot a few students at Kent State, three students went to the conservative administration asking them to lower the flag to half mask in honor of the slain students. The administration refused. The students came back with over 200 students, and yes the flag came down to half mask.

The MI Governor can't ignore these protests. She is going to have to open at least parts of the state or relax some of the restrictions. I think she will probably make face masks a requirement if within six feet of somebody like when going to grocery store.