Late Season Trip out West

Strantran1

Hi all,
I am looking for recommendations for lodges and sled rentals the first week of April 2022. Can you guys give me some recommendations please? The couple places I have checked quit renting sleds in March. Was hoping to catch a plane and not worry about dragging my trail sleds out there!
Thank you, Keith

snowho96

You could try albany lodge in the snowies or bear lodge in the bighorns. Usually both places still have decent snow first part of April. With these places not getting there long track rental sleds til later in the season I would think if conditions allow they would rent a little later in the season to recoup missed revenues. My kids grew up with Jake who is running the rental shop at Albany now. He went to high school in Iowa. Our group has a house just up from cenntenial that we stay at when we go. If you have any other questions pm me and I can try to help

snowho96

You could try albany lodge in the snowies or bear lodge in the bighorns. Usually both places still have decent snow first part of April. With these places not getting there long track rental sleds til later in the season I would think if conditions allow they would rent a little later in the season to recoup missed revenues. My kids grew up with Jake who is running the rental shop at Albany now. He went to high school in Iowa. Our group has a house just up from cenntenial that we stay at when we go. If you have any other questions pm me and I can try to help
Also forgot to mention Laramie has a nice airport that has flights to and from Denver. Albany lodge is only 20 miles up the mountain from the airport. I have flown out of there before. You can get reasonable tickets if you book far in advance.

mrbb

renting in April will be harder to do, due to increase risks of damage to sleds, most places will shot renting by then, well pending conditions any how,, BUT if you really wanted high odds of renting and good snow in April, I think maybe you should be looking at Canada like revelstoke bc
, they seem to hold snow way longer than many places in the western US, that still offer rentals any how, just food for thought!

Strantran1

renting in April will be harder to do, due to increase risks of damage to sleds, most places will shot renting by then, well pending conditions any how,, BUT if you really wanted high odds of renting and good snow in April, I think maybe you should be looking at Canada like revelstoke bc
, they seem to hold snow way longer than many places in the western US, that still offer rentals any how, just food for thought!

Thank you!

Strantran1

Also forgot to mention Laramie has a nice airport that has flights to and from Denver. Albany lodge is only 20 miles up the mountain from the airport. I have flown out of there before. You can get reasonable tickets if you book far in advance.
Thank you! Already checked Albany, The gal at Albany said they quit renting at the end of March...

600_RMK_144

Have you checked with Togwotee Mountain Lodge. If anyone is still renting in April, I think it would be them. Big operation... Want to suck as much out of those rentals as they can. Might also check some of the places near West Yellowstone.

mrbb

also if you have deep enough pockets and some skills, or wish to gain skills, there are specialty places you can go too, like
riding with Burnadt, or Dan adems (see links below)
they ride early and LATE into the season chasing snow and you can join them if you can afford and keep up LOL
I am sure there are other like places as well, but these are easy to find and see and will pretty much assure you good snow and a reliable sled to run with!