late start to snow?

Carbide

The lakes here in Minnesota are skimming over again.
They opened up early in the week with the big winds.

hybrid

solid 4" inches here in north east price county
tip ups tomorrow
guy was out on the middle of pike lake today with a atv
no thanks i will be on foot tomorrow 1637972381665.jpeg

euphoric1

I always say the ice fisherman are the crazy ones when it comes to early ice.....
used to be one of those crazy ones, can remember running up to tip up's with biddies and all of a sudden the ice drops and we all ran in different directions, a little more wiser now as I grow older.
I'm sure far from being safe but looks like snow laying on ice on Gogebic in web cam's

hybrid

Is this where Moose Jaw is at? Don't get down there a ton so can't remember for sure. Either way at least things are starting to freeze up.
this is straight out from Musky Jacks boat landing on pike lake
moose jaw is on the other end of the chain on round lake
went out and drilled some holes this morning got 4-5 inches
got about an inch of new snow on top now
going back out to set some tip ups

goofy600

I see you leave your piers and shore stations in. Do they drain down your lake a bit?
Yes I can leave them in , no they don’t drain the water down, I’m in a bay that is not real deep and protected so the wind doesn’t cause ice shifting in the spring.

pclark

I used to fish the Cisco Chain for years. I think that bay is on the south end of Cisco Lake? to the right before you go into the channel toward Thousand Island and Lindsay? Might be wrong but it looks like it. We live down on the Manitowish Chain now, they actually lower the water by 3.5ft every October 1st, I get just enough shoreline to pull my lift out of the water, piers come out completely, had a little ice damage the first year I was here in 2015, took my chainsaw to cut two legs out of the ice that year on my shore station.

goofy600

You are correct where I’m at what others do is when weather starts to break guys will drill hole in ice and put in aerator in lake by dock to break down ice around docks.