Legends Laps

wiscrev

The annual Legends Laps will be this Thursday, February 16th at the World Championship Derby Complex in Eagle River, WI. Past champ racers will be taking a spin on the derby track. Other vintage race sleds will be on display in the Expo Hall. Free admission with a 10AM start. Should be a great day to watch. Next year I'm told it will be moved to a Sunday so that more people can attend. Rev.

wiscrev

330844600_3217016985187477_6073719895844565599_n.png

328998909_894292901767465_7651748499689122045_n.jpg

From WCDC Facebook

Join us for Legend Laps 2023 Thurs, Feb. 16, at the World Championship Derby Complex in
🦅
Eagle River, Wisconsin.
🔵
SPECTATORS are encouraged to watch the event from the Lower South Hot Seats.
▶️
Heated seating will be FREE and open to Families, Fans and Public.
▶️
Lunch Available for Sale - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Chips & Beverages located in the Lower South Hot Seats.

Sleds will also be on disp[lay in the Expo Hall.

skiroule

This is very cool! A guy that stored a snowmobile for me built and raced two trackers. Those things are insane. He fired one up for me that had a 600 liquid for power. What a beast, no way would I make a lap on one of those.

wiscrev

This is very cool! A guy that stored a snowmobile for me built and raced two trackers. Those things are insane. He fired one up for me that had a 600 liquid for power. What a beast, no way would I make a lap on one of those.
Yes, I miss the twin trackers.

wiscrev

They are probably going to need jet skis after all this rain coming ....
Saw one report this A.M. that looked like we might luck out and only get a couple of flurries-------hoping. Track still looks good as of right now even with all the 40's we've had over the past 4 days. BTW, if you cannot make it, you can partially watch via the Track Cam on their site.

mezz

Saw one report this A.M. that looked like we might luck out and only get a couple of flurries-------hoping. Track still looks good as of right now even with all the 40's we've had over the past 4 days. BTW, if you cannot make it, you can partially watch via the Track Cam on their site.
Is there a specific link to the Track Cam?

mezz

Thank you. I didn't realize that there is a tab on the website to the Track Cam.

wiscrev

Thank you. I didn't realize that there is a tab on the website to the Track Cam.
With the weather, I don't know when they will start. Would think about 10ish but don't know. Headed to the track in a little bit to see what's going on..

mezz

I saw a couple of sleds doing test laps, but not a lot going on, what happened? Track too scetchy? Looked like some sporatic ocassional light flurries but nothing to write home about.

wiscrev

I saw a couple of sleds doing test laps, but not a lot going on, what happened? Track too scetchy? Looked like some sporatic ocassional light flurries but nothing to write home about.
There was a good response. Nice crowd on hand. There was a 45 min break and then some more sleds but not many. Didn't kn ow tis but if you paid an entry fee, you could be on the track running laps if you found an owner to let you. Needed tech vest and helmet---strongly advised of shin guards as well. Was a great day. If I can figure out how to post pics on my fone, I will. Have some nice pics of a Redline sled mfg'd in Fargo in 2005. 21" travel with an 800. Nice looking.

skiroule

My memory is not too sharp but I swear there was a guy up in Alaska that had 5 or 10 of these for sale that had zero miles. Seems like the sleds had some kind of muffler problem so most of them didn’t have the mufflers installed. Guess they never had a chance to correct the issue before they shut down. Cool sleds though, you have to admire their effort to break into a tough sled market.

wiscrev

My memory is not too sharp but I swear there was a guy up in Alaska that had 5 or 10 of these for sale that had zero miles. Seems like the sleds had some kind of muffler problem so most of them didn’t have the mufflers installed. Guess they never had a chance to correct the issue before they shut down. Cool sleds though, you have to admire their effort to break into a tough sled market.
The guy I talked to was the one who bought those 10 sleds. And as you say, they were pretty nice with some extra bells and whistles that I don't know [I mechanically declined, lol] and some really different type of engineering but really cool.