Let's talk gloves

mikes99ss

So I need a new pair of gloves. They have to be gauntlets, warm and waterproof other than that I'm pretty open. What do you guys recommend?

Last edited:

1fujifilm

So I need a new pair of gloves. They have to be gauntlets, very warm and waterproof other than that I'm pretty open. What do you guys recommend?

Or, put gauntlets on the sled and use thin Mechanix gloves..look ma, no blisters after 300 miles.
Seriously though, probably have 10,000 miles like this and love the combo.

Bear

xcr440

Sled mounted Gauntlets are great for me when it gets below zero, they do make a huge difference. I have the ones that velcro on and off easily, not permanently mounted.

I also like a good set of regular gloves with the gauntlets on them for riding below 20 degrees. I think the FXR ones I have I paid around $100 for them, pretty widely available, at least a couple years ago they were. They tend to not breath quite as much as I would like, but they do keep the paws warm....

katden4

Flexible gauntlets, with light gloves. Works for any weather you have. Roll them up when warn enough, or keep them in place when cold.

mrbb

one of the main keys to warm gloves IMO< on sleds is GOOD wind proofing and good insulation on the outside of glove, as its not needed that much on the palms side, as the heated grips work better when less insulation to get thru to get to your hands<br><br>I have had good luck with klim  gloves, but I don't use them with <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">gauntlets on them</span> <br> and I prefer light weight gloves like above, just good wind proof is all I ever need!<br>and I   don't have sled mounted <span style="background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);"><font color="#333333">gauntlet's either</font><br><font color="#333333"> but I have a HIGH tolerance for cold weather more them most!</font><br><font color="#333333">  another thing to consider is a good windshield, some work much better at getting air off your hands than others if you don't want </font></span><span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250);">gauntlet on the sled end!</span>

buddah2

I have a couple different levels of Klim gloves...they are not the warmest available but they are the best waterproof wise...the backs are insulated well enough<br>and you could just turn the handwarmers up?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
If I'm riding multiple days I'll switch off from a pair of Klims to whoever makes the BRP stuff. It gives the gloves a chance to dry out. Both brands are warm and durable. As with most things "snowmobile", you get what you pay for. :snowman:

slimcake

VR1 with the smart warmers....  KLIM gloves but I don't think it matters.  set the temp you want the bars and it stays there.  Pretty great tech IMO.

Iowarider

I use hand guards to help deflect the cold air. Klim Togwatee gloves when really cold lighter gloves when above 20 degrees.

mysledblows

Gloves are very dependent on what the day is looking like. On a 25 degree day I usually wear a lighter weight glove with little insulation, use the handwarmers to regulate the warmth and the handguards help keep the wind off. 5 and up I breakout a warmer pair of gloves. Colder than that I now find that as I've gotten older I gravitate to mittens. Not the most stylish things but they do keep the hands toasty. Been using the mil surplus air force style with the leather mitts and the huge nylon gauntlet with the wool liner. Last year I stumbled onto the Steger Mukluk mitts and they are warmer yet and not as bulky/cumbersome.

snomoman

Throughout the years I’ve always suffered with cold fingers no matter what I did, I was going to put an end to this after all, I bought the gears electric gloves along with the electric heated jacket that runs on 12 V, I was using that this last February when the temperatures were well below zero, everybody was complaining because it took me a few extra seconds to hook the plug up and they said we’re going to cut those wires, you have to suffer like the rest of us… to heck with that I said, I also added the skidoo gauntlets that have the clear plastic on top where you can look through, it’s a great set up & I’ve never been cold since

harvest1121

Or, put gauntlets on the sled and use thin Mechanix gloves..look ma, no blisters after 300 miles.<br>
Seriously though, probably have 10,000 miles like this and love the combo.<br>
<br>
Bear
<br><br>I did the same thing after seeing  Fuji's set up like the thin gloves and gauntlets.  If its not really cold will wear bicycle gloves because of the padding.  I also wrap my bars with cloth tape seems to keep the heat in better and makes a little softer.<br>
<br>

mrbb

<br><br>I did the same thing after seeing  Fuji's set up like the thin gloves and gauntlets.  If its not really cold will wear bicycle gloves because of the padding.  I also wrap my bars with cloth tape seems to keep the heat in better and makes a little softer.<br><br>
<br>
<br>
 if you like padded palm gloves,  you should enjoy these and there found at most stores that carry  the mechanixi's brand gloves<br> I have worn them  in pretty low temps and found for ME they worked great and have used them  for riding MX bikes, steret bikes, atv's and well when working<br><br> but IMO one the best things pen can do with gloves or even boots,<br> if you use things EVERY day or very often, but at least two pair and rotate them, (as long as you can afford too that is )<br>the padding in gloves, or soles in boots seem to bounce back if given a day off and over all last longer and stay more comfortable longer<br><br>I learned to do this back when I worked  standing on concrete floors for 12+ hours a day<br><br> but these below gloves have been great for riding things IMO, and held up better than some of my Pure made for off road bikes gloves<br> just food for thought for those that like lighter thin gloves for riding!<br><br>
https://www.lowes.com/pd/MECHANIX-W...e-Mens-Leather-Multipurpose-Gloves/1000239239