Like 1984 All Over Again (Packers)

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's Why They Call It Off Topic Ramblings

In 1984 Yamaha came out with their Phazer. A fun, fast, reliable snowmobile. Also in 1984, we moved to Green Bay, Wisconsin. I was pretty excited, living in a town with an NFL team, albeit, not a very good one. Tickets were easy to come by and we went to a lot of games. Did I say, "not very good"? It'd be another six years before they turned that 20 year mess around.

Flash forward almost 40 years and we find ourselves in a similar situation. You can still buy a Yamaha, at least for one more year, and the Packers are a train wreck. After Favre and after Rodgers, the wheels have finally fallen off. We can't pass, we can run, and we can't stop the other team's offense. We knew this would be a bumpy ride with a new quarterback but this is like riding a hay wagon with square wheels. Sadly, what we're seeing is one very bad football team. Just a bunch of guys, no real stand-outs, slogging through another Sunday. Excuses are plenty, results are nowhere to be found and this is what the rest of the season is likely to look like. Lord, Baby Jesus make it snow early so we have something to do on Sundays!

The Pack plays the Bears for the last game of the season. So, we got that going for us, which is nice.

rph130

It's Why They Call It Off Topic Ramblings

In 1984 Yamaha came out with their Phazer. A fun, fast, reliable snowmobile. Also in 1984, we moved to Green Bay, Wisconsin. I was pretty excited, living in a town with an NFL team, albeit, not a very good one. Tickets were easy to come by and we went to a lot of games. Did I say, "not very good"? It'd be another six years before they turned that 20 year mess around.

Flash forward almost 40 years and we find ourselves in a similar situation. You can still buy a Yamaha, at least for one more year, and the Packers are a train wreck. After Favre and after Rodgers, the wheels have finally fallen off. We can't pass, we can run, and we can't stop the other team's offense. We knew this would be a bumpy ride with a new quarterback but this is like riding a hay wagon with square wheels. Sadly, what we're seeing is one very bad football team. Just a bunch of guys, no real stand-outs, slogging through another Sunday. Excuses are plenty, results are nowhere to be found and this is what the rest of the season is likely to look like. Lord, Baby Jesus make it snow early so we have something to do on Sundays!

The Pack plays the Bears for the last game of the season. So, we got that going for us, which is nice.
And now the team is proving my point from another thread that LaFlower is not the gifted coach that everybody was worshipping while Rodgers was carrying the team.

snobuilder

Mistakes/penalties, dropped passes delected off the receivers hands got to stop. cut each a those in half....all easily done .... and they beat the Vikings last week.