Lodging in Gaylord, MI

twodeere

Heading to Gaylord this weekend for the first time. Can anyone recommend a hotel ? Hot tub would be nice and direct trail access is a must. Was looking at the Holiday Inn Express but am open to opinions. Thanks in advance.

alex2929

I was there a few weeks ago. Avoid the Americas Best Value Inn at all costs. The Holiday inn did look nice and we tried to change hotels. The Hot tub was only hot at the best value inn 1 of 3 nights. The pool and hot tub were both filthy dirty and yellow. The rooms were very dirty. The owner reffered to snowmobiliers as a bunch of knuckle heads. Not to mention the owner still owes me one night....doubt i ever get the money though. It still makes me mad....wish i lived closer to pay him a visit in person.

hotwire

?Gaylord Inn?

Try The Gaylord Inn, first place off the south exit on the left. Trail goes out the back and gas next door. Price seemed to be reasonable too. We stayed there Last year and it passed the wife's inspections.

Hot tub and a pool... hotdiggity!

mjdeutsch

I have stayed at the holiday inn twice in as many years, nice groomed trail right to back alley, very hot hot tube and pool, nice people free breakfast. can't beat it.

lofsfire

Try The Gaylord Inn, first place off the south exit on the left. Trail goes out the back and gas next door. Price seemed to be reasonable too. We stayed there Last year and it passed the wife's inspections.

Hot tub and a pool... hotdiggity!

I stayed they 9 years ago never again maybe they have fixed it up, does not look like it form outside.
Here is my two favorite places Beaver Creek Resort http://www.bcrrentals.com/ or The Brentwood but no hottub, you can get a jacuzzi tub in the room if it's you and the wife. I does not look like much from the outside but its clean and had a frig. in the room. Call Matt 989-731-6708. He has pictures for of everyone that stays there. Its kinda cool to come back a find your old picture. It's right across the street from the Gaylord Inn. Beaver Creek Resort is a little off trail but once you know the area its very easy to get to. Either cross the lake or take the road north to the T then keep going north strait over the plowed mound stay to you right and you will hit the trail. If you take the lake pay attention to where you get on and off the lake at! Its big and once your in the center all the houses look the same.

lofsfire

I did forget one thing, there are two company that run Beaver Creek one runs the camping side and one runs the cabin side but if you dont mind an older place the guy that runs the camping side has one cabin he rents out and you get full use of the stuff at Beaver Creek. For less money and he does 2 flat rates. One for less than 6 people one for more, at least I think that was the breakdown.

http://www.beavercreekresort.net/