Lolo Montana/ Feb 17-22

snoluver1

A few shots from Lolo. Had a great trip and good snow!!

photobucket-25765-1361829711226_zpsd4b21fed.jpg

photobucket-46662-1361829731546_zpsbe7ddd83.jpg

photobucket-47258-1361829759796_zps83aa76f4.jpg

P2201514_zpsd1764e79.jpg

P2211518_zps8a022df9.jpg

P2211524_zps1d5d5414.jpg

P2181505_zps29506a03.jpg

P2211519_zps7e3f099a.jpg

doospunk

Great Pics Adam. Looks like you guys had a good time. We're set to head out this Friday, and I'm getting a wee bit anxious!!

skiroule

Nice! OK, I'm just a little jealous (although I think that's a sin "thou shall not covet thy neighbor's snow")

By the way, isn't that Brian in the tree? I always figured him for a tree hugger.

snoluver1

Great Pics Adam. Looks like you guys had a good time. We're set to head out this Friday, and I'm getting a wee bit anxious!!
Have fun and be safe kris! Unlike me, try to remember to break out the camera more than like twice for your entire trip. Lol

snoluver1

Nice! OK, I'm just a little jealous (although I think that's a sin "thou shall not covet thy neighbor's snow")

By the way, isn't that Brian in the tree? I always figured him for a tree hugger.

You know how to call em Skiroule! Brian is such a tree hugger, he even wears tree hugging trinkets while he rides!

photobucket-44814-1361829779927_zpsf0775d34.jpg

snoluver1

Will be looking to expand our Western adventures range in the coming years. This looks like a great place to check out! Nice pics and conditions!

Lolo is by far one of my favorite places to ride out west so far. Its not the most convenient of places to ride, but the terrain more than makes up for any inconvenience! The best part is riding at 6k ft. You and your sled can breath and make power. You definitely need plenty out there. A lot of climbs you have to make are 2k plus vertical ft and some of them can be 1/2 mile PLUS long pulls. Its an absolute riot to ride the area.

I think anyone who has been out west knows, that pictures do it NO justice, versus actually being there.

If you want any info on the area I can help point you in the right direction. Just let me know. Also "cooksend" and "the breeze" from here, gave me a bunch of valuable info on the area. I'm sure they would help point you in the right direction as well.

cooksend

Lolo is certainly a great area! However if you are expeting a mountain experience where everyone hangs out in a nice flat area and plays on a couple different slopes for days this is not it. A bit more technical to get into some spots than places like Togwotee! However it is a true hidden gem with some of the best tree riding around! The post Idaho and Montana had most of the footage taken from around the Lolo area! As Snoluver said the footage does no justice! This was my second time at Lolo and I have not even come close to riding a fraction of the area!