Lookin for work in Sycamore, IL area

m8man

Howdy,
Trying to give a shout out to some fellow JD'ers.. My brother in law moved to the area about a month ago or so.. He has tried tons of places has turned in numerous ap's and is getting the same old story...Economy....and so on.....He will take anything, anything at all..
He is 23 and a hard working kid..He is a licensed commercial pilot, and an instructor also..He has 5 yrs or so of carpentry experience as well..He has worked in a manufacturing facility as well. He is an educated young guy looking for any type of job.. He's tried the major retailers, flight schools, even a pizza delivery guy just to get some cash flow..He says it's horribly slow for new hires...Any help is appreciated and I would be greatfull for any advice or leads..

please email with any info & thanks a bunch

cgariepy@hughes.net

m8man

snot

Has he tried Rockford area? Sycamore is a little south and I live Northwest. Not much around here. How far is he willing to travel?

wags

have him hit up NIU (Northern Illinois University) in Dekalb maybe they have something in the maint dept. Also UPS has a MAJOR hub at the Rockford Airport it's so big they fly 747's out of there. Also hit the hospitals for maint jobs out that way there are quite a few in that area. There are quite a few smaller colleges out that way as well.

Good Luck

m8man

Thanks, keep the info coming.. He just had an interview at NIU and he didn't get the job...He is still on the prowl hot and heavy and he will travel some as long as it's reasonable pay..

thanks,
m8man

m8man

Thanks and I did get your email... I'll get the info to him today.. Hopefully he checks his email today.. He just cancelled his cell phone to save some bucks so I'll drop him an email.

Thanks soooo much

m8man

so8434

Not much work around the Sycamore\ Rockford area.
Have him look further East around Elgin\ St.Charles . It would be about a 30-35 mile drive one way, but a lot of people do it.

goingnorth

I am just south of your brother-in-law in Sugar Grove. My office is at the Aurora Airport and I knew a few of the FBO's here. I would be glad to pass his resume around. If he would send it to me stevehansen@mchsi.com

Good luck,

yamidude

Give chris thielsen at thielsen enterprises a call, he does auto lifs, and is always busy and looking for people.... 8477782787