Looking At A 2004 Polaris 800 Classic Whats A Fair Price

superski

Thinking about buying a 2004 Polaris 800 Classic with about 2800 miles on it. Anybody got an idea of what it's worth ? The guy is asking $4000 or offer and it is pretty clean. I assume the 800 has the same VES and crank issues as the XC's and I was really looking for a 600 or 700 Classic but this came along and I'm wondering if it is a fair deal or not

snow_monkey

I saw a 2006 fusion new 0 miles for 4800++. With the large number of 09's still on the floor there are great deals coming soon!! With 12 weeks left in the season I'd let someone else have it for 4,000, 3,200 to 3,500 if your in love.

D

Deleted member 10829

Is it the light blue or dark red color? I had one of these for 2 years and it was a very good sled! I loved being able to adjust the M-10 on the fly with the push of a button. The sled has everything you could want. In my opinion, $3,500 is the most I would pay for it.

snodogg

X2 3500 would be top dollar, lots of plain XC's 02-04 with similar mileage out there in the 2800-3000 range.

lots of new leftover deals out there too, if you can afford. You can get into a brand new sled right now (depends on model of course) out the door for under 7,000

D

Deleted member 10829

What's nice about this sled is the electric start and other standard items you don't find on plain XC's, but the most value comes from the ACE M-10 suspension, which is infinitely adjustable as you are riding down the trail. It was nice to go from firm on flat and smooth to soft on bumpy trails without even getting off the machine. The suspension does not adjust from idle though, you have to have some engine RPM's to do that.

G

G

$3500 tops. The M10 is nice but the 800 was not known for longevity.

dooski

I have a friend selling one with 800 miles on it. Give me a call if you would like me to put you in touch with him. I don't know what he is asking.

Robbie (262) 930-3943

rakins800

I sold my 04 800 classic in November of 2008. 3300 miles,cover,winshield bag,120 ss studs for $3200. great cruising sled,never any issues. though,to be honest, the 600 and 700 are the same performance. if you get it,jet down the mains 2 sizes,throw a Goodwin clutch kit at it,and youre set.

1sob

Will Sell-2002 Polaris Classic 600. Approx 1000 Miles- Very good shape- Factory cover. You can call me at 513-9233374. Will be under 3000.00 dollars.

superski

I don't know guys, I'm confused (but that's sort of normal) I haven't seen any in the $3500 range. Dooski's friend wants $4300 for his with less than 1,000 miles on it, and says he's frim on the price. Looked on Ebay and found one in Madison for $4400 with 3800 miles. I've seen some 2006 Classic 700's for like $4000 - $4500 Those are the 755cc motor that I herd were gas hogs, anyone had any experience with the 2006 700's ? Wondering why a 2006 is basically the same value as a 2004

D

Deleted member 10829

That 755cc engine was only produced for 1 year I believe as there were more than just gas issues with it. That's why it's so much cheaper. I'm not sure why these guys are so proud of their sleds, I stand by my $3,500 comment. Keep looking.

superski

Well I'll keep looking, the sled I have now is in excellent condition so I don't have to buy. I'm getting old (60) and sure like the ride of the M-10 sleds plus electric start seems like a better idea every year. Ya know I used to think e-start and reverse were for sissies, but after buying my wife a sled with both I got real fond of the idea. The lakes up here are rough as **** from the early slush and although the Edge suspension is OK I rode an M-10 and feel in love with the ride. I'd like to try a Rush, but who am I kidding they are not in my price range. If any of you guys sees a 2004 that looks good let me know - maybe Dooski's friend will drop his price.

D

Deleted member 10829

superski,

I was the same way many years ago, I couldn't understand why guys wanted estart, reverse and mirrors, but I've been getting them since my 2004 800 Classic and will never go back. I love the M-10 also and was disappointed when Polaris quit putting them on sleds a couple of years back. Our dealer here has a RUSH available for demo rides and I may go try it out today.

G

G

E-Start and reverse IS for sissies. However it is tough to sell a used sled without E-Start and reverse so I too have joined the sissy club. Mpease - GO RIGHT NOW and ride that Rush. Ride it for about 20 miles and give us a report. How fast does it go on a groomed trail? I would like to know how it feels to turn it at speed on a groomed trail. Have read no reports on that particular function. Is it too high centered to do this comfortably? Go and ride it NOW. I will be expecting a report in two hours.

D

Deleted member 10829

grub,

Normally I could drop everything and go, but my business has really picked up lately and I'm swamped right now. I'm supposed to go on a trail ride with snodogg this afternoon, but I may have to join them half way into the ride. I'm also supposed to groom tonight, but trails don't really need it as I just did them Tuesday night and very little traffic. Plus the base is getting thin and I think we can over groom in these conditions. When I ride it, I will let you know.

G

G

grub,

Normally I could drop everything and go, but my business has really picked up lately and I'm swamped right now. I'm supposed to go on a trail ride with snodogg this afternoon, but I may have to join them half way into the ride. I'm also supposed to groom tonight, but trails don't really need it as I just did them Tuesday night and very little traffic. Plus the base is getting thin and I think we can over groom in these conditions. When I ride it, I will let you know.

Just kidding mspease. If you get to ride one a report would be great from a fellow John Dee'r. I never looked before but I see your address is Spooner. We have been making our annual trip out to the Namekagan area for over 20 years. Have been to Spooner from there. Can't help but notice that in the last 20 years things seem to have gotten tougher economically in the area. I am sure that when we get out there this year there will be even more places closed or for sale. If you have work pending good for you. Go make your money! We will be out the first week in Feb. It sounds like you could use some snow.

superski

Mspeasw,
You talking about Hayward Powersports for the Rush demo ? I was up there yesterday, I rode my neighbor kids Ski-Doo XP 800R up there to get some warranty adjuustments done for him. Anyway when I was talking to the tech doing the work he told me someone stole the Rush they had that was right in front of the door going into the building - I think that was the demo. By the way the XP that I took up there was the long track Renegade and that thing had a lot of motor, but I almost froze to death with that short windshield.

rakins800

superski-
wait till spring,then go shopping. I dont think anybody's paying $4,000 + for the Edge chassis classics with or without the M-10 ACE, regardless of mileage. sit tight,keep looking.the right deal will come along. IMHO

boatssleds

I was looking at a 2004 800 classic also,Because they only made them one year(that I know of) and the light blue was different.I got a 2005 600 classic and my wife has a 2006 600 classic we would'nt give up the m-10 for any other. I rode a 2005 XC 700 edge last week and I still think the m-10 is a better ride.I agree with the others the 600's run pretty good for what they are and this is not the first time I heard that the 600 runs about as good as the 800. I think with the 600's you will have more to choose from, although our 2006 was hard to find.Whitestar Snowmobile Auction had a 2005 600 Classic real low miles and it brought close to 4 grand at the auction.I think the 2004 800 should be under 4.