Looking for an off trail group for next winter dec09 or jan feb 2010

mrwright

i live in north east Iowa around Waterloo, experienced rider but newer to boondockin and mountain rideing very willing to learn

slarimda

I have a 2002 ZR600 EFI 121". I haven't done much off-trail/boondockin' either, but I sure wanna do it. We have a long summer ahead, but keep in touch and watch the discussion boards. I'm looking to meet new ridin' partners.

barneymn

I would take the Guided tour that John Dee supports on this site. (forget the name) Myself and some friends did it last year with Matt the guide and also John Himself rode with us! Absolutely Fantastic! They will cater to the type of sleds you have, meaning you dont need a high powered mountain sled! We had 121's to 151's and everyone got stuck but we all made it through the trip! STRICTLY OFFTRAIL!! I will definitely do this again. Keewanee Guides or something like that! Thats a good start to BoonDockin in the UP

nitroman

<font color="ff0000">You running solo or got some friends? There are a ton of people from this area(waterloo-I'm from evansdale)that go west several times a year. Look at the post two down from this one(nobody setting up rides etc) and keep in touch we may be able to work something out we are in the process of setting our trips up right now.</font>

local897

Yeah hook up with that guy(Local897) he is pretty kool cat!! 1 guy 1 truck 1 sled 8 hours its a haul! I am all ways looking to find more ppl to take up. I ride mostly off tail or try to anyways. hit me up or just keep ur eyes out for post of when I am headen up and we can work something out. Andrew Out!

woody01

There's a group of us that heads up to Schoolcraft and Alger County the 2nd week in March for some boonie bashin in the trees before we head out to Togwotee for hillclimb week.

Always open for new folks to join up.

polarisrider1

woody01, I am interested in Tog. at hill climb week if My Dec. trip doesn't start getting some snow. Some of the best riding at Tog. is in March. Longer warmer days. Hill climb is a blast to.

woody01

polarisrider - feel free to keep in touch with me if you want as things draw closer. Right now we have an even group of (8) (2 trucks/2 trailers/4 rooms) but there's certainly always the option of having another group of two/four join the group or a single if one of the guy's falls out.

polarisrider1

woody01- It would be 2 (1 truck, 1 trailer, 2 guys) and I could stay at Lave if no rooms avail. at Tog. Right now it looks like Tog. Dec. 12-19 and Lava Mtn. Jan.9-16th. Not sure if I can do 3 trips to that area this yr. Togwotee in late March to me is the best time to go. Also planning Wawa, Ontario boondocking in March. I will keep you posted.

thebreeze

I am in the western UP most weekends of the winter. Let me know when you are around and we could show you around a bit!