Looking for someone who has ridden Revelstoke

High Peak Rider

I would like to speak to you in person about recommendations for places to stay, when to go, best riding area. We have ridden several other areas and this is the next stop.

bearrassler

I have ridden there two times but it was over 20 years ago and I am sure some things have changed. The first year we stayed at Peaks Lodge just west of town and the second year we stayed in town at the Sandman Motel. We went in mid April the first time and late April, early May the next year. There were two riding areas close to town, Boulder Mountain and Frisby Ridge. We only rode Frisby one day but it was the only day that we had sunshine for the whole day. It snowed every other day that we rode on the mountain with heavy rain at lower elevations. The riding is at fairly low elevations, mostly under 7000 feet. I think there are a couple more places to stay now and the best powder riding would be earlier in the year. The snow is unbelievable and the scenery is great when the sun shines, they were great trips but the sleds were really limited back then.