Looking for WI State Snowmobile Map

starlaker

If anyone would know it would have to be a John Dee member. We are planning to take
off on a saddle bag trip right after the New Years holiday and would like to find a map that shows all of the state trails main corridors. Looking at leaving northern WI and heading to Western WI, down to Central WI and back up to Northern WI. I have searched the DNR Web Site, Travel Wisconsin, Snow Tracks and more and can't seem to find a map that covers the entire state. I know in years past you could get them and have a very old one I think from 2001 but would like to get an updated one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dawn

ubee

I got one at Wi. welcome center at Superior . Was going to grab a few more last trip but they closed that section to save money! It was a state publication like a state highway map. maybe new gov walker can help you ! Ill try to find a website on the map 1

D

Ditch rider

The State USED TO offer a free map that you could have mailed to you at no charge, but I don't see it offered anymore.

Go to this link:

http://www.travelwisconsin.com/maps_guides.aspx/OrderGuides

and call the 800 number listed under "Contact Us' and ask if they have one left that they can mail to you. Betcha they got one for ya!

If you plan on being in the Chetek area, lemme know and I'll PM you my number. Maybe we can ride a few miles together!

MZEMS2

Ditch Rider's right. Travel WI used to have a direct link to a state map,...Don't see it anymore. Maybe it got cut from the budget, but they used to mail one to you at no charge.

D

Ditch rider

If anyone would know it would have to be a John Dee member. We are planning to take
off on a saddle bag trip right after the New Years holiday and would like to find a map that shows all of the state trails main corridors. Looking at leaving northern WI and heading to Western WI, down to Central WI and back up to Northern WI. I have searched the DNR Web Site, Travel Wisconsin, Snow Tracks and more and can't seem to find a map that covers the entire state. I know in years past you could get them and have a very old one I think from 2001 but would like to get an updated one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dawn

2 other possible options:

1. Buy a GPS and one of the available trails programs and mount it on your sled. A friend just bought a Garmin nuvi 500 for his sled and I might get myself one for Xmas.

2. Get maps from every county you might go through. Snow Tracks is a good option as I think you already know, or if you are an AWSC member, call each county's Director and ask them to send you a map.

I might have an extra one laying around I could mail you. If I do, I'll PM you.

starlaker

Thanks for all the info everyone. I will check some of these out and let you know what I can find. Think Snow. Dawn

starlaker

Just got off the phone with travel WI and the woman I spoke with said that she does have a few copies left and is mailing one out. This map is the 2007-2009 Version. She also stated that the map is out of print and that there has been no talk of reprinting it. FYI
Thanks again everyone. As always, the great folks on this site are an awesome source for help whenever someone needs it. Dawn