Looking to put together a Thursday-Sunday group ride in Cable, WI

winterwarlock

Hi all, I would like to put together an extended weekend group ride Thursday-Sunday on one or two of the following weekends in the Cable, WI area on Lake Namakagon. Stay at one of the following resorts as a home base and go from there. Nothing too over organized, just casual, bunch of JD members getting to know each other over our favorite sport. Reserve your own lodging or stay in a larger cabin as a group.

Garmisch USA Resort (my preference) - Restaurant/Bar/Cabins/Lodge rooms
Lakewoods Resort - Restaurant/Bar/Cabins/Lodge rooms
Staudemeyer's Four Season Resort - Bar/Cabins/Lodge rooms

February
2-5
9-12
16-19
23-26 (this one will be tough to find lodging as it is Birkibeiner Race weekend and is pretty booked with x-country skier's)

March
2-5
9-12
16-19 (trails and snow are usually hit and miss during this weekend)

*Of course everything will depend on availability at these locations during the above weekends but I am hopeful a few of us could put something together.
Who's interested? I am not looking to book accommodations for everyone interested but would be happy to organize, currently there are still a lot of options especially at Garmisch. Let's see what we get for replies and if it looks promising exchange contact info...LET IT SNOW!

Winter Warlock

I have stayed at Garmisch and Lakewoods (as well as Telmark back in the day.) Prefer Garmisch. Used to have an annual trip up that way and was always a good time. Also, have gone to the Weinie roast a few times for the Radar Runs. Always a good time. The owner of Lakewoods ended up screwing over some people when the event was cancelled a few years back. Stopped going after that. Would like to get up that way again eventually, Unfortunately, I have to put in for vacation a month in advance and a trip like this yet this winter is not in the cards for me. Whomever goes will have a good time I'm sure. Best of luck.

whitedust

I have stayed at Garmisch and Lakewoods (as well as Telmark back in the day.) Prefer Garmisch. Used to have an annual trip up that way and was always a good time. Also, have gone to the Weinie roast a few times for the Radar Runs. Always a good time. The owner of Lakewoods ended up screwing over some people when the event was cancelled a few years back. Stopped going after that. Would like to get up that way again eventually, Unfortunately, I have to put in for vacation a month in advance and a trip like this yet this winter is not in the cards for me. Whomever goes will have a good time I'm sure. Best of luck.
Yeah Lakewoods screwed me on a cancellation when my mother died! Swore I would never go back to that area or Lakewoods and I have been true to my word. Good luck I’m out!

LoveMyDobe

Lakewoods has always been good to me. 2 yrs ago I had to cancel a weekend (annual Fun in the Forest atv event) due to I had an appt at oncologist for my Dobe) and they put the deposit on next years event. That year I fell and broke arm and wrist had surgery, they did keep my deposit then Oh well in 2 yrs I didn't miss the 65.00 Love staying there because they are VERY dog friendly.

Highflyer

Yeah Lakewoods screwed me on a cancellation when my mother died! Swore I would never go back to that area or Lakewoods and I have been true to my word. Good luck I’m out!
How did they screw you? Did you not cancel within the cancelation policy?

whitedust

How did they screw you? Did you not cancel within the cancelation policy?
I cancelled as soon as could was told their father died that year too f you business goes on we’re keeping your deposit. A family death is uncontrollable event all others we’re very helpful except Lakewood so screw them just like they screwed me.

WorkHardPlayHrd

I'm sorry for your experience, I've never had that problem. Had to cancel 1 time and it was the morning of the reservation. The guy that was going to help our children with chores, his girlfriend went into premature labor 5 weeks early. This was a weekend reservation Friday and Saturday nights. I asked if they filled my spot if they could move my deposit to 3 weeks later. I did let them know though that I had people on site that would tell me if they got someone in our room. They agreed, my family has been going there for over 40 years though. I know the owner since we were both kids so I might have more weight then others. They normally will move your reservation deposit to another weekend if something comes up.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Also nothing personal, I love riding this area, but some bad things have been happening up there lately. Multiple head on collisions on the weekends. The locals aren't riding the weekends because of how bad it's been. After the weenie roast things will calm down, but it's like every idiot is out there. Every accident has been people riding on the wrong side even in the straight stretches. My husband and I have been going out late down here, and finishing our ride at like 3 am in the morning. Literally no traffic, or I can see them coming.

whitedust

I'm sorry for your experience, I've never had that problem. Had to cancel 1 time and it was the morning of the reservation. The guy that was going to help our children with chores, his girlfriend went into premature labor 5 weeks early. This was a weekend reservation Friday and Saturday nights. I asked if they filled my spot if they could move my deposit to 3 weeks later. I did let them know though that I had people on site that would tell me if they got someone in our room. They agreed, my family has been going there for over 40 years though. I know the owner since we were both kids so I might have more weight then others. They normally will move your reservation deposit to another weekend if something comes up.
I told them I wasn’t jiving them my Mom Died and I could send them a death certificate if they doubted me. They weren’t interested their Dad died that year and for some reason they felt whatever when on there was applicable to me which made no sense to me. I didn’t have time to hassle with them lots to do to help my Dad and Fly to AZ for 2 weeks to bury my Mom. Some say I have a memory like a steel trap and in this case it’s true they stuck it to me and I refuse to do business with people like that!

wiscrev

I told them I wasn’t jiving them my Mom Died and I could send them a death certificate if they doubted me. They weren’t interested their Dad died that year and for some reason they felt whatever when on there was applicable to me which made no sense to me. I didn’t have time to hassle with them lots to do to help my Dad and Fly to AZ for 2 weeks to bury my Mom. Some say I have a memory like a steel trap and in this case it’s true they stuck it to me and I refuse to do business with people like that!
Sorry about that, Pete. Don't blame you. That is a good way for them to lo0se lots of business IMHO.