LOST CAMERA and CELL PHONE in the Keweenaw..Please read

sherides2

Today on the trail somewhere on the trails leading to Eagle River and Eagle Harbor coming out of Houghton a Ski-Doo windshield bag bounced off my sled and in it was my camera and cell phone. The last confirmed spot that I for sure had it was near the Pheonix intersection that splits to go to Gay.

If you or someone you know finds it please let me know. I don't care about the phone or the camera just the memory cards in them. This trip was our first one up with our 7 year old son. These are memories that just can't be replaced. :'(

Thank you...

A heart broken Mom

D

Deleted member 10829

I sure hope this has a happy ending! Good luck.

sherides2

Thank you! If someone has them or finds it they can keep them both, don't care, all I want are the memory cards. You can't replace what is on those.

sherides2

I'm going to keep this at the top. Crossing my fingers.
Some little things that will help id my lost items. The bag is a Ski-Do windshield bag, camera is teal colored (with alot of family pictures, a little boy in a multi-colored coat), and the phone is a black Android.

anonomoose

Draw a 10 mile circle around the area you THINK it got lost and then find all the bars/grills hotels and see if someone turned it in. Also check with cop shops, and craig's list...or other lost and found...many local papers publish this stuff for free.

Not to be a S/A but folks need to put their names & phone numbers on stuff that possibly could get lost so that any honest sledder won't have to work too hard getting it back to you. If it goes on a sled, it can get lost.

Only takes a few minutes but this is why it needs to be done. GPS, phones, gloves, helmet, anything.

Draw a 10 mile circle around the area you THINK it got lost and then find all the bars/grills hotels and see if someone turned it in. Also check with cop shops, and craig's list...or other lost and found...many local papers publish this stuff for free.

Not to be a S/A but folks need to put their names & phone numbers on stuff that possibly could get lost so that any honest sledder won't have to work too hard getting it back to you. If it goes on a sled, it can get lost.

Only takes a few minutes but this is why it needs to be done. GPS, phones, gloves, helmet, anything.

I know it's too late now but good advice above and I also I try to keep those types of things on me...literally on me, inside an interior coat pocket or even in a pocket on another layer under your outers. And always double and triple check zippers. Again I know hindsight is a wonderful thing. Good Luck!!!!!!!

TTT for a safe return of your SD cards...........

raysxc700

call your phone company maybe they can GPS the phone if the battery aint dead kinda like lojack lol

hope you find your stuff

sherides2

call your phone company maybe they can GPS the phone if the battery aint dead kinda like lojack lol

hope you find your stuff

I've tried calling it a few times to see if maybe someone would answer it. It still rings so that means the battery isn't dead yet. Don't know if Verizon can do that but hey it's worth a shot right? But we all know that there is usually no signal in the middle of the woods....

raysxc700

like you said its worth a shot if they can find the phone via gps ask for the coordinates and post them up here and maybe someone with a gps that rides around there can put them numbers in there gps and poof found it

like most have said anything is worth a shot at this point

sherides2

like you said its worth a shot if they can find the phone via gps ask for the coordinates and post them up here and maybe someone with a gps that rides around there can put them numbers in there gps and poof found it

like most have said anything is worth a shot at this point

Tried...and no go. Only thing they can offer is to cancel the line and report the phone as lost/stolen.
I've put an ad in the Daily Mining Gazette and I am offering a reward. Oh and if they want they can keep the camera, again I just want the memory cards. :(

polaris2

If found all finder has to do is turn phone on. Push contact button and call one of your contacts. They can tell them who you are. I found a phone once the first contact read Mom. I called and the first words I heard were oh thank you. You found my son's phone.

sherides2

If found all finder has to do is turn phone on. Push contact button and call one of your contacts. They can tell them who you are. I found a phone once the first contact read Mom. I called and the first words I heard were oh thank you. You found my son's phone.

That works great if your phone isn't password locked. It is locked with dot code...

I know in the past when people have found locked phones they just called Verizon or whatever carrier is listed on the phone and given them the id found under the battery.

teamblue

If someones finds your stuff I can bring it back to Northern Il this weekend, I am going to St. Germain. or if you find it at a location I can pick it up for you.
Today on the trail somewhere on the trails leading to Eagle River and Eagle Harbor coming out of Houghton a Ski-Doo windshield bag bounced off my sled and in it was my camera and cell phone. The last confirmed spot that I for sure had it was near the Pheonix intersection that splits to go to Gay.

If you or someone you know finds it please let me know. I don't care about the phone or the camera just the memory cards in them. This trip was our first one up with our 7 year old son. These are memories that just can't be replaced. :'(

Thank you...

A heart broken Mom

sherides2

Thanks teamblue! If you head to Eagle Harbor or Eagle River MI keep your eye out on the trail for it (I can't remember the trail number, I just know that Eagle River was before Eagle Harbor and closer than Copper Harbor).

lvr1000

I'll be ALL over that area This Saturday through Saturday. (Staying in Ahmeek) I'll Keep an Eye open. If it's found and needs a ride back, let me know before I leave.
Cell phone needs no cell signal for GPS to work. And my cell, regardless of lock or not, you have to bypass the CONTACT page first to do anything with it. the phone goes to Contact page 15 seconds after non use.