Lunch stops in Ishpeming

just_ride

any good lunch stops in Ishpeming....don't need anything fancy. we used to stop at Blimpies ( by the hotel) for a quick sandwich when we looped up that way in the past, but I see that has closed.
Thanks

Huronbo

Sherries is a nice little diner in west Ish, but even better than that in Negaunee is Midtown Bakery. Homeade soups. sandwiches, and desserts.

homan

Jasper Ridge Brewery. It is on the spur trail that is on the North side of US 41. Groomed trail goes right to it.

snomoman

Years ago we used to stop at a place called the Venice in downtown Ishpeming, not sure when it opens or if it is still open but they had killer homemade authentic Italian food

bayfly

We were in Ishpeming the first weekend in December. We stopped at Venice about 2:30 but they didn’t open until 4:00. Beth, the owner saw us parked out front trying to figure out where to go. A few minutes later she was making us homemade fries and chili! Beth was incredibly friendly and we will stop there when we get back the last weekend in January, but not until after 4:00.

snomoman

We were in Ishpeming the first weekend in December. We stopped at Venice about 2:30 but they didn’t open until 4:00. Beth, the owner saw us parked out front trying to figure out where to go. A few minutes later she was making us homemade fries and chili! Beth was incredibly friendly and we will stop there when we get back the last weekend in January, but not until after 4:00.
We went there I’m going to say about 15-20 years ago, there was a guy name Frank that ran the place, I had overheard one day that my receptionist at my dentist office in the west Chicago suburbs grew up in ispheming, I start a talking to her about the Venice restaurant that we visited, come to find out that was her brother Frank, her brother was the one that was running it and they all actually lived upstairs above the restaurant years and years ago when their parents were running it,……small world isnt it