Making early season reservations?

live4this6

A couple of buddie and I are thinking about reserving a room in hurley,wi the weekend of december 12-14. And we are planning on riding north into the UP. I was just wondering if we should be concerned about not having enough snow that early? I know theirs no guarantee but just wondering if its been good in past years??

S

skylar

I would be concerned about no snow in Hurley for sure, based on the last few years. Twin Lakes, on the other hand, rocks, normally, for early season. I would recommend staying at Krupp's Resort. Here are a few pics last year on November 30th.

83581.jpg

83582.jpg

83583.jpg

renegade

You better make sure the trails are open. The DNR has had those stupid late season deer hunts for the past two years. Last year they had good snow but the trails were closed.

frnash

<font color="0000ff">skylar:
"Ooops, sorry about that big picture."</font>

I was about ta ask how ya doo'd dat.
I thought the forum software limits pix uploads to 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels high.
You usin' Magical moderator Powers?
happy.gif

snowfan470

Yup...idk about hurley....as Skylar said above...rockland up through pheonix is the place to go. We always stay in twin lakes for 2 weeks for chirstmas and new years. Last year rocked.
happy.gif

chords

Sorry, good luck on the Hurley Trip.
From what I hear, that Town has Magical Powers that can last into the next day !

A

admin

live4this6-

Sorry, I did not notice that this was in the Ask John. Anyway, some very good advice given here. Early season snow can be touch and go anywhere in the Midwest. Best to stay flexible at that time of the year if you can. Most places are not so booked up at that time of the year that you cannot just show up and get a room, but I would call first just to be sure! At any rate, reservations in early December are not as crutial as they are once we get past Christmas.

As for your best chances for snow to play in. I would agree that from around Rockland NW up into the Keweenaw would be your best bet. If we are having a good year, then you will have your choice of anywhere in the Northwoods.

-John