Making time to deer hunt?

skeedoo

Man, this morning is the first hunt of the seaon for me. Fishing and getting ready for this years sled season has consumed all of my time. Well that and lots of family time too!! Anyway I usually start hunting back in september but not this year. How's everyone deer hunting season going, any pics? Hope its been a good one for all, I'll let know in a few hours how mine is going - I'm headed in!!!

eagle1

Heading out this weekend for the first time also. Been too nice out to hunt, been doing yard work and putting the boat away. So now its time to get down to business. Happy Hunting.

maddogg

Yup - now that the skeeters are gone time to go. Did pretty well on pheasants last weekend. Duck hunting has been hit or miss for me.

skeedoo

No deer but all of the squirrel's jumping around on the leaves had my heart pumping all morning, damn rodents. Also had a pair of coons come under my stand, i thought about takin em out.

jerkbait_1075

Good hunting to all my fellow John Dee'r Hunters!!!!

Duck Hunting in Northwestern Illinois has been the slowest, worst opener in the last 20 years. No matter where I try and hunt same results. The Big river is running a little to high right now and the lack or rain for the last month has all the "potholes" just about dried up.... Oh Well looking forward to deer season. Starting to see some early buck activity on the old CuddeBacks.

Attachments

• 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 100
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 83
Just got back from ellendale, north Dakota. Was up there for 4 days duck hunting. Was pretty slow. Only got 20 ducks. No geese.

thunderstruck88

if you can please shoot all the darn geese those things are the pits bang bang got me a geese !!! good luck to ya'll that is hunting :) BE SAFE ALSO!!!!

willey

Hunted last Friday and Saturday night. In total 8 does have been spotted and 8 turkeys. Headed to the trail brushing at LLB this weekend so no hunting for me. Next week it is on! Bucks should be a little more active I hope!!! Good luck and be safe.