Manitowish Area

pclark

Did not ride today, stopped in on the MW Skeeters Winter Rendevous at the Groomer Barn. Loads of sleds out today around here and trails looked great in and around town. Local Establishments were all busy and serving it up, great to see.

Lots of great things they are raffling off at the Groomer barn, serving hot dogs and drinks as well. Open until 6pm.

SledTL

I gotta give hats off to the Boulder Jct. club. Almost every other town and trails were brown and clapped by Saturday afternoon. They somehow managed to keep everything flat and white all weekend. Very impressed and so much fun that we turned around just to double back on them. As for the trail that leads out of Boulder to MW on the north end not sure who does the grooming for that. Was basically down to dirt and the corners were banked 10 feet high. Crazy amount of sleds at Bents Camp for the radar run over the weekend.

ridindirty800

I gotta give hats off to the Boulder Jct. club. Almost every other town and trails were brown and clapped by Saturday afternoon. They somehow managed to keep everything flat and white all weekend. Very impressed and so much fun that we turned around just to double back on them. As for the trail that leads out of Boulder to MW on the north end not sure who does the grooming for that. Was basically down to dirt and the corners were banked 10 feet high. Crazy amount of sleds at Bents Camp for the radar run over the weekend.
Saturday I have never seen traffic on the trails like it. I could not go 1/4mile without passing groups of 4-8 sleds all day long. All trails in the area were snirty with ice corners but overall pretty good for the traffic that was on them.

pclark

I did not ride last weekend because I knew it was going to crazy. 3 day weekend (Presidents Day) is one of the busiest snowmobiling weekends up here. Throw in the Radar Run at Bents, Local Clubs doing their festivals, loads of little towns concentrated in one county, and you have beat up trails but I'm sure you figured that was going to happen. The trail from MW to Boulder is split with MW Club and Boulder Club, not sure where it is but I know what area you are talking about. Lots of Ricky Racers tearing it up out there so hence the dirt and high banks. It is what it is and the groomers try their best. Everything looked nice this morning, we picked up about 4" of new snow so far and they are saying more this afternoon.

Saturday I have never seen traffic on the trails like it. I could not go 1/4mile without passing groups of 4-8 sleds all day long. All trails in the area were snirty with ice corners but overall pretty good for the traffic that was on them.
Came home Thursday late afternoon….never seen the amount of huge v noses going north in my life!