MARATHON COUNTY- WAUSAU AREA?- Shawano

Anyone know how trails are out of Schofield west to Wittenberg and surrounding areas. Headed up this Thursday. Any info would be appreciated as we have never been to that area before.Thanks a head of time..

3. Marathon County

Condition: Good-Partially Open

Base: 0-12 inches | Groomed
Last Updated: 1/14/2020 8:38:42 AM

SNOWMOBILE TRAILS: Mountain Bay Trail OPEN – From Ross Ave./Kelly Club Bar into Shawano County. Trail access to the following gas stations are allowed; Kwik Trip off of Schofield Ave, The Store Gas Station and the Shell/Arbys off County Rd. J. MOUNTIAN BAY TRAIL CONDITIONS: packed, groomed and in good to very good condition. Zone 1 OPEN - As of Noon, Friday January 10th, the remainder of Zone 1 was opened. Intersection 266 North is still closed. Corridor 13 is open up to the Birnamwood trail line as Birnamwood trails are still closed. The trail that crosses Pike Lake will also be CLOSED until further notice due to unsafe ice conditions. Trail closed signs are put up for your safety due to hazard water areas, please do not disregard these signs! TRAIL CONDITIONS: moderate to good condition in majority of trails, majority of trails are groomed but certain sections remain ungroomed, water/ice and rough sections of trail present in low lying areas as some groomers have not been able to access these spots. Please use caution All other Marathon County Snowmobile Trails are CLOSED Marathon County Snowmobile Clubs worked hard to get the trails packed and signed with the early snowfall, however, the snow hindered the ability of the ground to freeze.

Not much of Shawano Co open yet, but maybe with the additional snow coming this week more will. Trail condition hotline is 715-524-4349 for specifics.

Thanks for the update. Have you been on any of these trail systems recently??

I have not. Last time I was on the trails in Shawano Co was when our club was brushing trails 12/21/19. Lol. I've only rode Langlade Co so far this year. They were very good for the most part. I can't speak for Marathon Co at all. Haven't been on their trails in a few years.

smgabe

Rode most of Zone 1 in Marathon last wkend. Gotta have a plan as many trails will dead end due to connecting closures. Trails were ok, a little icy in some corners.

Thanks smgabe. Was looking to go East toward Wittenburg on that Mountain Bay trial and maybe get into Langlade. Never been East of Hy. 51 . So if anybody has been that was I`d appreciate any reports as it will be the wife and myself.