March ride based from Krupp's

S

skylar

Once again we had a great time, and created a lot of good memories. Joe's 12 year old son Emanuel was along with us. We did not alter our way of riding one bit just because he is 12. LOL. He did an awesome job of riding, did not ride over his head at all, and didn't have any incidents with anything. He picked up a new nickname also, we now call him Rooster. Any time he had the chance to roost on someone, he did. I guess we taught him too well! On this trip there were six of us, myself, Kim, Joe, Emanuel, Eric and Lance. Good times for sure.

Not a lot of action pics, but plenty of stucks!

Wednesday morning, Rooster coming out of the cabin getting ready to rock.

75454.jpg

Kim and Lance wrestling in the snow, bunch of clowns, this was taken minutes before Joe jumped on both of them.

75455.jpg

Father and son coming across the lake.

75456.jpg

Joe stuck up top, Kim halfway up, Lance coming over to help.

75457.jpg

We were riding down a logging road when I decided to head down into this creek bed, not the smartest thing to do, but, I've never been accused of being very smart! In this pic Eman is stuck in the creek bed, and so is my brother, but ya can't see him. He jumped over the creek in one spot, then nosed into the bank in another spot, it sure was funny watching him do that.

75458.jpg

I was trying to get us up and out of this creek bed, and here is where that got me. We ended up just getting everyone turned around and going back the way we came in, not without some other incidents though. Eric will have some pics of that though. LOL.

75459.jpg

Lance stuck

75460.jpg

Joe, surfing the brush pile.

75461.jpg

I'm taking this picture sitting in the hole I dug after getting stuck trying to climb this hill. Ended up rolling the sled over to get it out, busted the bolt that holds my left handguard on, but that was it.

75462.jpg

Thursday morning, Joe with the first stuck of the day.

75463.jpg

Joe again, Rooster standing in the trench from Joe's sled, and Joe throwing a shovel full of snow at him as he is walking up.

75464.jpg

Rooster

75465.jpg

We decided to check out trail 13, for the first time this year, it was SAWEEEET! Rooster blew a belt on this stretch.

75466.jpg

On the way back toward Krupp's on the Nichols trail, here we are at the Firesteel River bridges, and the groomer coming across.

75467.jpg

INCOMMING! I was stuck on this hill, so was Joe, so was Kim and so was Lance. In this pic Lance just launched a snowball at Kim, circled in yellow. This then turned into a major snowball fight, with Kim receiving most of the bombardment. LOL.

75468.jpg

Lance digging out

75469.jpg

On Friday my batteries died, so here is my only pic from Friday. Eric with a little boo boo

75470.jpg

Friday we went to some spots that we have never been too before, it was pretty cool, I am sure Eric will have some pics of it.

It has been a great year of sledding, and it isn't done yet!

mrsjac95

Skylar - GREAT PICTURES!

When are you heading back up for ONE MORE ride?

I'm thinking Dustin's gonna be just like Rooster. He's chompin' at the bit to get Revegade from me!

GREAT PICTURES!

REV IT UPx3!

Jul

B

brad_2001

Great Pic's Skylar, wish I could make it up 1 more time but it doesn't look good, new drive axle is going in as soon as I'm done typing this, have fun at the race's

Bradzoooooooo

doospunk

Nice Pictures Skylar. Looks like you guys had fun. So whose shovel is Lance using there? Did he finally get one? *L*

Went to see the 09's at the Mpls. convention center Wednesday night, and I'm banking that there's gonna be a few upgrades in our groups fleet for next season!

S

skylar

Kris, that would be the community shovel! 6 sleds, one shovel! LOL. Looks like the only one in our group who might get a new sled is me. Of course, I haven't made up my mind on what brand, or if I am going to buy new or not!

Paul, what ya buying for next year?

ridesafe

GOOD TIMES for sure Skylar!!! I will have some pics up tomorrow.Got back from the brothers this afternoon.. I'm too freakin sore and tired right now..But man what a great feeling!

Was gonna say..
The bro took us all on a excellent ride on sat, Jeff liked the MC and is buying that..have a feeling that'll end up being my sisters..Jeff's already looking for another ride...lol!!!

Eric

S

sled_solutions

Skylar,

Won't make the final call until the Sneak Peak in a week.

Option #1 RMK Shift 144" 800

Option #2 Dragon Switchback 800

Option #3 RMK Assault

Right now the Shift is in the lead without a doubt. Priced right and everything I want with some maybe only a track change. I'm concerned about the rear skid being to soft for pounding the moguls in the backwoods. What rear shocks do you have on your 144"??

S

skylar

Paul, I have Walker Evans air's all the way around on my 155".

The RMK Shift is a good buy for sure. I checked the Assault out this past weekend, the track on that thing is xtra beefy, really weird looking. I did not got a chance to talk to a Poo rep, but from what I have heard, that track won't last long with actual trail riding, I duno though. Sure looks like it would last.

S

sled_solutions

Sorry I forgot you had the 155.

The Assault has a swiss cheese track it will not be good for riding like we ride IMO. To many holes to catch stumps, sticks etc...western riders don't have to worry about that to much.

I think the Assault is right out for me without a question.