Marquette night life in aug.!!!

MR.HAPPY

Take'n Daughter to NMU for College on AUG. 26 -28th. After all the move in stuff is done, where's the best place to listen to a band or some music & have a few cold ones?

Thanks!

BR

skiroule

I have a couple of favorites that would take care of at least some of your requirements.

The Portside Inn is nice, serves all Michigan tappers, and the food is good. (theportsideinn.com)

Probably my favorite for suds is The Vierling, which brews several fine craft brews and also has a good menu. (thevierling.com)

Neither place has music but both are right in downtown Marquette so they are probably within walking distance of other establishments that have entertainment. Maybe you could hit several! Whoops, forgot about your daughter. Wouldn't want to give her the wrong impression about college life.

xcr440

I'm betting it won't be hard to find a place to go do all those things in a college town on an opening weekend.

MR.HAPPY

Daughter will be doing her own thing!

Just the Wife & I will be bar hopping!

We'll find something I'm sure.....

Thanks!

BR

M

Mattarsc

mqt down town

We start at The Landmark in the Pub downstairs. There's a wine bar upstairs if that is your thing over looking the lake. Then we meander down towards the Vierling, Upfront (Has a good atmosphere, quick drinks, but lousy food), and there's 2-3 other bars right on Washington st to hit, and we close Remie's. VERY good bartenders, fast drinks, and most know the tip denotes a good drink. :)

tilltheend

Go ridin in marquette quite a bit in the summer. Definately second to cuzzinolafs, Up Front & Co. usually good music, good drinks and all ages crowd.