Mass testing

bearrassler

Like I mentioned in an earlier post we had a Covid 19 outbreak at work and as of Wednesday 9 employees had tested positive, on Thursday the state brought in a test swat team and tested 424 people in a drive through test site set up in the company parking lot in 5 hours. On Friday the number of people testing positive from work jumped up to 15, that is before the mass test results, I got a call Friday night that I tested positive and today I see our county's positive cases went up by 67, I don't know how many of those work with me but I would assume most of them. I am sure we will see another large jump tomorrow as it takes 24 to 48 hours for the test results, also lots of employees live in other counties.

mrbb

yes best of luck to you
and I also feel a lot more cases will happen , before this is any where near over,
still a lot more to come!
I am sure a LOT of folks have it and don;'t even know it too!
only a very small percentage of folks have been tested!

snobuilder

I hope this test tube of workers covid cases gets studied recorded and reported accurately....I assume most in your company are between 20 and 60 YO.
Keep us posted

dfattack

I'm really starting to think...well not starting but have been thinking this way for a while now with how many test results are being revealed of people who are testing positive and don't know it...that maybe we should focus on educating high risk people to stay locked down until things calm down and let the rest of society carry on so this country doesn't slip into a depression (economically and emotionally). For example, I would have my mom who's in great health and is 75 years old stay at home as much as possible like she's doing now. The rest of us get the country working again. The majority of the people in this country aren't on their death bed because of this and apparently never will be, virus will run it's course and we will move on. I would bet this is what happens every year with the flu. I for one take a lot of supplements and try to keep my immunity system in good shape especially during riding season. Who knows how many times I had the flu virus in me and didn't know it? Are we going to shut the country down for the flu every year for people who have it but without symptoms? I don't think so.

I think some...some of the states and their stay at home orders are purely political. Pot shops, liquor stores remain "essential" because they don't want to put undue stress on the addicts? I actually heard that on TV. Abortions were allowed to continue? That's essential..only for someone on the left. I apologize John if this crosses the line at being political, but this is a fact all over the TV now. If delete this I will understand.

Most of this has been said numerous times on JD...I'm just venting a little. Really ticked off about this whole over reaction. I felt that way from day one without evidence and now we have the evidence it was an over reaction. I'm sure some will disagree and that's ok. Just venting out my opinion.

sweeperguy

i'm really starting to think...well not starting but have been thinking this way for a while now with how many test results are being revealed of people who are testing positive and don't know it...that maybe we should focus on educating high risk people to stay locked down until things calm down and let the rest of society carry on so this country doesn't slip into a depression (economically and emotionally). For example, i would have my mom who's in great health and is 75 years old stay at home as much as possible like she's doing now. The rest of us get the country working again. The majority of the people in this country aren't on their death bed because of this and apparently never will be, virus will run it's course and we will move on. I would bet this is what happens every year with the flu. I for one take a lot of supplements and try to keep my immunity system in good shape especially during riding season. Who knows how many times i had the flu virus in me and didn't know it? Are we going to shut the country down for the flu every year for people who have it but without symptoms? I don't think so.

I think some...some of the states and their stay at home orders are purely political. Pot shops, liquor stores remain "essential" because they don't want to put undue stress on the addicts? I actually heard that on tv. Abortions were allowed to continue? That's essential..only for someone on the left. I apologize john if this crosses the line at being political, but this is a fact all over the tv now. If delete this i will understand.

Most of this has been said numerous times on jd...i'm just venting a little. Really ticked off about this whole over reaction. I felt that way from day one without evidence and now we have the evidence it was an over reaction. I'm sure some will disagree and that's ok. Just venting out my opinion.

1000% agree.

bearrassler

I just watched a press conference from our governor and he said the positive number at LM Windpower, (my employer ) is 110 with about 60 tests still pending, they have tested about half of the total number of employees so far

sweeperguy

I just watched a press conference from our governor and he said the positive number at LM Windpower, (my employer ) is 110 with about 60 tests still pending, they have tested about half of the total number of employees so far

WOW not good. Guessing most or all no symptoms?
My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery with no complications

Tracker

Let us know if you actually get sick because now there is a alot of false positive results with these new fast tests....i hope your not though...here's a quote

if patients have COVID-19, but Dr. Procop warns that these have “implications” and stresses that this type of test isn’t used at Cleveland Clinic. “Different strains of the coronavirus circulate every year, causing the common cold,” he says. “This means blood tests may cross-react and deliver a false positive if a patient has been infected by one of these viruses in the past.”

https://www.health.com/condition/in...onavirus/how-accurate-is-the-coronavirus-test

eagle1

Yikes......hope your doing well and make full recovery!!!
Did your place of employment have any preventive measures in place....just wondering.

bearrassler

Yikes......
Did your place of employment have any preventive measures in place....just wondering.

We had implemented many things a couple weeks before this happened including taking everyone's temperature out on the street before we could even get on the company parking lot, cleaning and sanatizeing the break room and locker rooms almost continually, keeping doors propped open so we don't have to touch with our hands, smaller meetings, putting red tape in the locker and lunch rooms to keep us at least 6 feet apart, and we always have lots of ppe available including tyvek suits, lots of gloves, masks, and everyone had at least one respirator, we weren't required to wear them though

eagle1

Thanks. Lot of sanitizing and masks available at my place of employment but no temperature checks yet.

elf

I saw an article in the Star trib today about the breakout in your facility Bearrassler. Sounds scary, stay safe!

bearrassler

ND health department did another mass testing today in Grand Forks to test the LM employees that didn't get tested last week and also close contacts, my wife went and got tested, the results should come in over the next few days