Mattress buying help needed

fjr4me

I have slept on a Sleep Number number bed for over 18 years now and love them. I have a bad back and have gotten the best sleep on these beds as compared to any others I have ever slept on. But I know others who dislike them also.

I purchased the original queen "classic" pillow top and used it until this past May and my wife and I are now sleeping on the I8 Innovation Series Sleep number bed and love it!!

I would agree that the original box spring was a joke, I sent that back immediately and just used a standard box spring mattress with the select comfort mattress only. The latest box spring is a much better design and should hold up well.

It's all a matter of preference I think.

booondocker

Z, buy a regular quality bed which is firm. Then put a "fingered" mattress pad on the top of that, and cover that with a regular mattress pad.

Eventually the fingered pad will break down over time and you can replace it very cheaply.

This is the equivalent to a pillow top mattress.

Top layer is soft making mom happy, and the firmer level will give you the oh, so important support your back is crying for when you hit the sac after a long day on your feet.

Your back needs support so your spine can correct itself over night.

I had a doctor on my sail boat once and I asked him what he slept on. He said that most beds are too soft, but that women hate firm beds. He said he used a 7 inch foam rubber pad and lays it on a flat wooden sheet of plywood. I have this exact setup it my cottage up nort...and it is the one place my back feels the best, when I am there.

2k for a bed??....not on my grandfathers grave.