May Need a riding partner Keweenaw Dec 16-17

Polaris Chad

Heading up Friday, have a room in Houghton with 2 beds, but for some crazy reason nobody I know can go. Might be able to ride Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday also. Which I might bag Friday and Saturday then, because it will be crowded on the weekend. Anybody in same Boat?

machzdoo

We are heading up Friday thru Tuesday but we are staying at Parkview. If you want someone to ride with let me know.

eagle1

I'll probably be looking for riding partner too Monday 18th and part of day Tuesday. Be staying at Ramada starting Friday.

Polaris Chad

Awesome Guys, not sure if I am heading up Friday or Sunday. I will keep in touch. Anyone like to ride long days? trail riding of course no base for off trail yet. I do enjoy hitting a 200 + mile day. But no matter what style =, love meeting new sledders! Best People on the planet ride sleds! I ll keep in touch.

POLARISDAN

Awesome Guys, not sure if I am heading up Friday or Sunday. I will keep in touch. Anyone like to ride long days? trail riding of course no base for off trail yet. I do enjoy hitting a 200 + mile day. But no matter what style =, love meeting new sledders! Best People on the planet ride sleds! I ll keep in touch.

he aint kidding..200 PLUS is his game..and he stole my name :cool:..let us know how it went chad..

Polaris Chad

Definitely heading up Sunday now, may have a friend. Still staying in Houghton. If friend can come we will leave Twin Cities mid afternoon, arrive 10:00pm. If he cant I will roll Sunday am and be unloading about 2:00. Polaris Dan, sorry man your name inspired me! Ill probably see you in January.

dbriggs67

Riding 19, 20, 21. Solo at this point. Staying just South of Krupp's. Looking for trail miles, breaking in new sled

Polaris Chad

Looks like my boss is coming with. Should arrive in Houghton 10-11 pm sunday night. Going to look for the smoothest deepest trails. Probably try north of the bridge Monday, and try south Tuesday.

intheplane

A buddy and I are heading up to an unknown UP destination (Ironwood, Houghton, ?) late Monday night and plan to ride Tuesday thru Thursday. Possibly heading home on Thursday around noon. Msg me if you want to share your findings and we can do the same.

Polaris Chad

Have arrived in Houghton. Looks pretty good. Was surprised saw groomed trails starting around Hayward all the way here. Iron county trails looked real good.

intheplane

Thanks for the update! We are leaving the cities tomorrow at noon. We might stay in Ironwood Monday night but who knows...We will be looking for more reports and info. We are breaking in a new sled so we will probably try to find the best trail conditions possible.

Polaris Chad

Overall pretty good. Made mistake of going to Gay right out of the gate from Houghton, it is a rough ride to Gay, then you get there and the other two trails are closed(one to lake linden and other back to 3, i think 124 and 133? Got back to 3, just groomed, headed north to copper harbor, turned around short, because it was getting too rocky. Came back south. All the trails ariound calumet were perfect. Covered all the trails in the calumet area, headed south past Houghton, freshly groomed, turned off on Freda loop, first few miles were great, went up to red ridge, then south on Freda, hit a 5 mile stretch that was brutal. But got better towards end. Did some off trail, then blew jackshaft bearing and had to limp down to pats Polaris in Greenland. Got a bearing but needed a new flange and a new shaft. only had bearing. I'm going to try to slide new bearing in am. Pretty decent, but there are some bad spots.