Meanwhile, down at the Boat Landing...

mezz

I realize accidents happen & I hate to laugh at stupid, but, how can you not???

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
The guy that wins the prize is the one yelling at this wife and kids after his 5th attempt to back it in straight. That's some good entertainment for the rest of us but not so much for the wife and kids.

whitedust

On Mothers Day St Augustine FL my wife would drop me off at the launch on the intracoastal and I would walk in with my folding chair and beer cooler and watch the show. It was fantastic entertainment and sooo busy!!

latner

I realize accidents happen & I hate to laugh at stupid, but, how can you not???
I've never splashed my truck, but I did witness a poor guy who did. I have had a few "stupid" moments of my own that I can laugh at now, leaving the plug out, you don't realize how much water a 1/2" hole lets in and how fast "made it back to the trailer thank God", boat sliding off the bunks before I had it all the way in the water, numerous close calls with other boats in close quarter ramps.

Airman68

I am at boat ramps every weekend in the summer. I would say, at least 25% of the time, there is some dink that has no idea of what he's doing. Also they tie up the ramps or prep their boat at the ramp before or after launch. That really sets me off... get the heck out of the way! Common courtesy. One time I was at a ramp and this poor old guy was trying to load a big pontoon. Who knows why he was alone but he was struggling. Everybody was just watching him and complaining. Seriously. I went over and helped him.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also they tie up the ramps or prep their boat at the ramp before or after launch. I've seen some come close to throwing punches. I felt bad for a couple last year at one of our ramps. They were new to boating as indicated by the time they spent prepping the boat for launch with several behind them waiting. Finally, one guy tore into them, called them every name in the book and it got ugly really quick. They simply didn't know better than to prep while in line. I understand the urgency, but we need to treat people better.

dfattack

Also they tie up the ramps or prep their boat at the ramp before or after launch. I've seen some come close to throwing punches. I felt bad for a couple last year at one of our ramps. They were new to boating as indicated by the time they spent prepping the boat for launch with several behind them waiting. Finally, one guy tore into them, called them every name in the book and it got ugly really quick. They simply didn't know better than to prep while in line. I understand the urgency, but we need to treat people better.
stupid people. you can always tell the difference between people who are new and just don't know to people who don't give a crap and are just trying to be jerks.

wiscrev

45 years ago, our family was camping/boating near Prairie du Chien. The water was high at the time and we were fishing in the shallows. Had a 17' fiberglass boat and ran over a buried steel fence post ripping a hole in the bow. We just barely made it back to the campgrounds and beached the boat. Finally got it maneuvered over the trailer and tried to pull it out, but with a 2 wheel drive and the boat loaded with water, I was going backwards. Was able to unhook and another guy pulled it out with his truck. Was just about as close as the pics. Needless to say, that was the end of the weekend.

lol, but it wasn't invented yet! Still doubt that that stuff works.
It does work incredibly well. Reminds me of the bear bond tape Nascar uses. Get it stuck together and you will not get it separated.
I put some on a leaking deer blind roof when it was raining two years ago and it's still on and keeping the water out.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
It does work incredibly well. Reminds me of the bear bond tape Nascar uses. Get it stuck together and you will not get it separated.
I put some on a leaking deer blind roof when it was raining two years ago and it's still on and keeping the water out.
I second that! Make darn sure you place it where you need it cause IT AINT COMIN OFF!