Mercer/Gogebic/Silver City Trails

Arctic-Duramax

A buddy and I rode from Springstead, WI to Silver City, MI and back through Hurley, WI. We put on 230 Saturday and the trails were in excellent condition. Trail 11 was the worst about 20 miles out of Silver City. There is a good amount of snow up there. With the cold, the trails froze of good and had a good solid base. Just watch out for areas near the cities were the corners are being blown out. Best trail riding experience in years. To view the pictures please see the facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=144811&id=212688723505&l=a17ff2eca1

jshbrwn234

Sweet pics and sweet ride!!!!!

We are riding from Butternut, WI going up to Hurley and probably down through springstead and back to Butternut. Doable in one day? What was your mileage?

Arctic-Duramax

We put 230 miles on Saturday and 50 sunday morning before heading back home.

Without a doubt you could be able to do that trip in one day. Granted my buddy and I ride to put miles on, but If you keep going you can do it. Trail 9 from the Turtle Flowage to Upson was great.

Last edited:

rmk4ever

Looks good, we rode out of springstead one week ago (sat & sun) It looked nothing like that. In the woods it's all good. Love the trails in that area (first time) looking to go back soon. Stayed down by the frontieer (sp?) Some of the best prime rib on sat night.
Thanks for the report!!!