Mi trail pass replacement????

borgy

Hi guys I'm going to be changing my hood on my sled and of course thats where my 2011 Mi trail pass is (only 2 weeks old) It is a MSA pas I bought at Pats Yamaha. Is there anyway to get a replacement decal for my new hood? I have already spent the 35 bucks.......... any input or help?

Polarice

I'd call MSA and ask them.

Last year I went up twice. I bought a permit for one sled and then ended up going up again with a different sled and had to buy another.

chords

If ya put it on over an old one, which I would recommend, or maybe not, you may be able to flick ah fingernail on a corner and pull up s-l-o-w-l-y. A phone call will go nowhere. Worth a try before buying a
new one.

ranlam

Being that I have sold permits, I have also looked into replacing them. I found out from MI DNRE that you have to write a letter to there office in Lancing and they might send you a new one. This process takes at least a couple of weeks. There is no quick fix aside from buying a new sticker. If you want the address to send them a letter PM me and I will look it up for you.

polarisrider1

Okay, first off the sticker is not. An MSA pass. It is a Michigan trail permit. Pay the $35 all over again. It is not the states fault or decision to change your hood. That is the way it works. Pull off your old sticker and it destructs, leaving you the word void on your hood. Try it.

borgy

Okay, first off the sticker is not. An MSA pass. It is a Michigan trail permit. Pay the $35 all over again. It is not the states fault or decision to change your hood. That is the way it works. Pull off your old sticker and it destructs, leaving you the word void on your hood. Try it.

Thanks for all your help guys......

Polaris rider::::::: Are you always a little Salty or what!I realize it's not a MSA pass, just simply wanted to explain it was not printed from a DNR machine . Your right it's not the states fault the the tabs on my hood have broken off and it wont stay on anymore, therefore i need to replace it.
maybe I will run into you in MI someday and you can have a beer on me and relax..........

mikes99ss

If you heat the snot out of it and go really slow you can pwal it off and re-stick it on the new hood. I have done this lots of times with broken windwhields. use a blowdryer

T

Team Elkhorn

Lol, my tool box is covered with old trail stickers. All the way back to 1995.

polarisrider1

Thanks for all your help guys......

Polaris rider::::::: Are you always a little Salty or what!I realize it's not a MSA pass, just simply wanted to explain it was not printed from a DNR machine . Your right it's not the states fault the the tabs on my hood have broken off and it wont stay on anymore, therefore i need to replace it.
maybe I will run into you in MI some day. I am not salty at all and would love to have a beer with you. :)

Last edited:

yamadooed

I always apply my MI stickers over a piece of plain vinyl so I can peel it off when I need to without exposing the void marks.

anonomoose

If you heat the snot out of it and go really slow you can pwal it off and re-stick it on the new hood. I have done this lots of times with broken windwhields. use a blowdryer

Like Mike says, use a hair dryer, and go very very slowly. It will come off and it won't be an issue.

BTW, trail stickers are sold to the INDIVIDUAL, and not the sled, so as long as YOU bought it and it is on the same sled, it is NOT illegal to do this. DNR just doesn't want you to pass it along to other sledders and wants everyone to buy their own.

While this is a pain to take this much time to remove and replace it, there is no harm in trying and the worst that happens is that you need to buy another which is a good cause and the money goes right back into the trail system expenses.

The following is straight from the Michigan.gov dnr website:

Snowmobile Trail Permit:

In addition to registration of a snowmobile in Michigan or from another state or province, a person who desires to operate a snowmobile in this state needs to purchase a snowmobile trail permit sticker. The snowmobile trail permit sticker is valid for 1 year which begins October 1 and ends September 30 of the following year.
Snowmobile trail permits are available at the following:

Snowmobiles are exempt from the Trail Permit Sticker if they are:
Operated exclusively on lands owned or under the control of the owner, used entirely in a safety education program conducted by a certified snowmobile safety instructor, exclusively operated in a special event of limited duration which is conducted according to a prearranged schedule under a permit from the governmental unit having proper jurisdiction or a snowmobile used solely for transportation on the frozen surface of public waters for the purpose of ice fishing.
Display of Trail Permit Sticker:
The trail permit sticker needs to be permanently affixed to the forward half of the snowmobile directly above or below the headlight.

polarisrider1

Let me add to the ice fishing rule. You better have a valid fishing license and some fishing gear with you to save yourself on this one. Blasting up and down lake Gogebic on your xcsp 800 in full Poo leather would take you out of the fishing catagory with a fishing license or not if you are not posessing a tip up or two. I have a brother in law who plays that game and usually gets a ticket and ends up buying the trail permit in the end.