Michigan files law suit to stop asian carp.

harvest1121

When they poisoned the river in Illinois they did get 2 of the carp they were looking for. They said why the carp do so well is the river is basicaly a cleaned up sewer and they have a lot to eat. In Lake Michigan they would not breed how they do in the Illinois River. I do not want them in Lake Michigan either but there has to be something they can do. This came from a guy that was Illinois Dnr and they alway look at the worse senario.

harvest1121

Always worried when frnash post after me makes me feel like I am in 2nd grade. Must of had correct grammar today.

chords

Dont be fooled. These fish can and will breed in Lk MI and eventually all the Great Lks. It may take a few years, but once they get their foot in the door they will adapt. Its hard to undo a man made problem made in 1906 because it will cut off tug operator jobs or shipping profits, but in the big picture it would be a giant leap and very do-able for mankind to protect our Lake water resource's from another invasive species.

mxz_chris

Feds decided at the summit yesterday they would study the problem and issue a report in March. Guess the carp will just wait around and see what the White House decides.

semper83

Closing!!! :)

I saw in a statement on one of the major news channels that they were passing the bill to close the locks!!!! :)))))