Michigan's Inland Waterway

Looking for information on where to launch, stay, eat etc... within the inland waterway near Indian River, Burt Lake, Mullet Lake or Cheybogan. Never done this tour before and would like to check it off the list. Thanks!

chords

Cant help with any specifics,, but you could spend a few days meandering thru that route. When I went it was Sept so the crowds were gone. We had a small boat and camped at Maple Bay which is right at the entrance at the N end of Burt. We got as far as the Alanson locks which were closed. You can dock a boat right in town there and walk around/eat. Then we camped at S end of Burt at the St Park and headed under I-75 into Mullet. Army Corp keeps the waterway marked and open and can handle cruisers worthy of Lk Huron travel. There is a strict no wake and I'm sure its a steady "parade" of boats both ways. Hope you have a big boat or pontoon cause Burt n Mullet are miles from N to S ends and winds play a major role as to when/when knot you can make it from one end to the other.