Mileage: Munising to Paradise

1fujifilm

They had gas at Tanglewood when I was there for breakfast Monday morning.........

OOPS, I did not know about the Tanglewood, sorry.
I was referring to the gas pumps that were previously across from the small grocery store at the crossroads.

Bear

EXCESSIVE FORCE

You are correct, 16 Mile Lake is 15ish miles west of Wetmore. Our round trip is 330 miles to TFalls if we go 8 thru Grand Marais to Paridise and south through Newberry catching 9/45 to 443 (?) to 43 back to 8.

We get gas at Grand Marais, Pine Stump, Paradise, Redz, Melstrand or Shington.

This is the approximate mileage the wife and I did one day last winter...

- - - Updated - - -

It's Seney.......and make certain you're not there too late or might have a problem finding gas.....

There is another station open in Seney next to the bar with better hours.......

snipes517

thanks everyone.

Bear, we are staying at the Comfortinn in wetmore so thanks for the input!! we are doing it tomorrow so it probably will be worse than what you rode!! but oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks

1fujifilm

thanks everyone.

Bear, we are staying at the Comfortinn in wetmore so thanks for the input!! we are doing it tomorrow so it probably will be worse than what you rode!! but oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks

Hey Snipes,
Please put up a nice report when you are done so we can be informed of how the trails stood up.

Thank you, Bear

wery7

The trail through where the fire was is amazing. Its something that you can't imagine until you actually ride through there!

dirtbiker39

Any milage info on the munising to big bay round trip. Going to try the munising to paradise trip on 2-18 and then the big bay trip on 2-19. Thanks

catspaz8

My brother and I left from Whetmore ( White Fawn ) went to Big Bay and back and ended up with 310 ish miles.

snipes517

so the trails were awesome!!! minus about 10 miles of on heading back west from Newberry, little bumpy but nothing bad, everything else was 8-10 out of 10!!! even trail 8 coming back on friday night about 8pm, it was a highway. only complaint it that they are missing a intersection sign (someone mentioned this above somewhere) when you get to the intersection that should say Pine Stump right Paradise left IT ISNT THERE!!! we did a 40 mile loop headed back towards Grand Maraias, once we ended up back in pine stump for the 2nd time we got gas and turned around and figured it out. our loop ended up being 325 miles due to that missing sign. but like i said the trails were amazing, we passed atleast one groomer on every trail and broke trail on a majority of them. not sure if the groomers really stepped up this week or people are just complaining that trails arent being groomed so noone else comes up lol because we didnt hit one trail that i would complain about. been riding this area for 5+ years and this year was hands down the best conditions yet. hats off to the groomers.

oh and also, we went through the fire area that they cleared during a blizzard with 30MPH winds and for the first time of my riding career I can say that i was border line scared lol couldnt see more than 50 feet in front of you and only rode about 20-30MPH to make sure we didnt lose the trail AND it was still daylight!! couldnt imagine it in the dark with those conditions.

revhead2

Did you go through Seney? I'm staying there now, and 43 going n.w. out of Seney is the most fun, versatile 23 mile long trail in the midwest! No worn out thin st. Germain/n.wisconsin snow here. Tons of snow. The new guy that opened gas station #2 in Seney is open til 11pm e.s.t. every night except sun. - 10pm sun nights.
so the trails were awesome!!! minus about 10 miles of on heading back west from Newberry, little bumpy but nothing bad, everything else was 8-10 out of 10!!! even trail 8 coming back on friday night about 8pm, it was a highway. only complaint it that they are missing a intersection sign (someone mentioned this above somewhere) when you get to the intersection that should say Pine Stump right Paradise left IT ISNT THERE!!! we did a 40 mile loop headed back towards Grand Maraias, once we ended up back in pine stump for the 2nd time we got gas and turned around and figured it out. our loop ended up being 325 miles due to that missing sign. but like i said the trails were amazing, we passed atleast one groomer on every trail and broke trail on a majority of them. not sure if the groomers really stepped up this week or people are just complaining that trails arent being groomed so noone else comes up lol because we didnt hit one trail that i would complain about. been riding this area for 5+ years and this year was hands down the best conditions yet. hats off to the groomers.

oh and also, we went through the fire area that they cleared during a blizzard with 30MPH winds and for the first time of my riding career I can say that i was border line scared lol couldnt see more than 50 feet in front of you and only rode about 20-30MPH to make sure we didnt lose the trail AND it was still daylight!! couldnt imagine it in the dark with those conditions.

Last edited:

dirtbiker39

Going east Thursday out of munising. Sounds like great trails. Hope we can make it over to paradise. Sounds like I can get gas Kate in Sydney. Def will make sure we stop there. Thanks for all the info.

snipes517

so the loop we did was this, 8 to grand marais(gas), 8 to i believe 9 to pine stump(gas) 9 back to 8 to paradise(gas), 45 to Newberry(gas) then we took 9 to 431 to 443 to 88 to 8 back to wetmore. not sure what the mileage was from Newberry back to Wetmore but we were good on gas. we filled up in the morning and on that stretch we only burned 6 gallons. we DID NOT get gas in Seney

1fujifilm

Did you go through Seney? I'm staying there now, and 43 going n.w. out of Seney is the most fun, versatile 23 mile long trail in the midwest! No worn out thin st. Germain/n.wisconsin snow here. Tons of snow. The new guy that opened gas station #2 in Seney is open til 11pm e.s.t. every night except sun. - 10pm sun nights.

HELLO RevHead,
I took your advice and included trail 43 from 8 down to Seney and back as part of our ride today; you are right very nice trail, well groomed and less traveled than 8 (42 miles round trip).

Thank you, Bear

revhead2

HELLO RevHead,
I took your advice and included trail 43 from 8 down to Seney and back as part of our ride today; you are right very nice trail, well groomed and less traveled than 8 (42 miles round trip).

Thank you, Bear
Another favorite is trail 9 between Pine Stump and the 431 intersection. 18 miles of absolute perfect trail. Half is fast and gentle 70mph sweeping curves, the other half slower winding twisting curves- perfectly groomed, low traffic. Was on it today.

behrke

looking to head up there tuesday-friday. never been there. what trails should i avoid and what trails are good loops? do you think it make it through this warm up?

Thanks

1fujifilm

looking to head up there tuesday-friday. never been there. what trails should i avoid and what trails are good loops? do you think it make it through this warm up?

Thanks

Do yourself a huge favor, get on the trails at daybreak and end your day by 3 pm if traffic is heavy.

Bear

revhead2

Thanks
I would not go now until they get more snow. Trails will be like concrete with snowmobile tracks in them. If they groom, it will be ice balls. They had 2 days of 38 degrees with intermittent rain.