Milwaukee Snowmobile Show

yeffy

I went and it defiantly seems to be getting smaller each year. Still fun to go and see the new Polaris and Skidoo sleds. Cat and Yamaha??? Saved 10 - 15% on carbides and picks.

lofsfire

Very lackluster show Highlands Yamaha was not there who always has the deals. Wanted to spend $600 on a helmet but they told me they hope they come in soon. No Yamaha or Cat either if you wanted the latest Klim or Fxr it was not a bad show.
I just stopped at Highlands of Yamaha today. They had a good selection especially of Fly, Arctica, Cortech, less of Klim, Yamaha/FXR but still stuff to choose from. Pants were mainly Fly and Arctica.

HJC and lots of GMAX helmets.

Their website shows a few special but the had everything on sale.

I picked up Cortech jacket and Arctica pants. Both nice quality. The Cortech jacket seams to be on par with the same features as my FXR gear. And for $90 it's a great deal. They had S to 3XL maybe bigger too. All the tags and the way the jacket seems to be made seems to be identical to Fly.

Highlands is not going to Novi either. If you're in the area you might want to stop.

blkhwkbob

Apparently that Wide open Wisconsin show (might have botched the name) split some of the vendors. Regardless, the show is still a fun event to get excited about sled season. If the only reason you are going is to get "deals" then you might as well just shop online, buy last years models, or at the end of the season. Hopefully the state of Wisconsin can get together and just have one big show that we all benefit from.
Yes, those of us who have been going to the shows for many, many years remember it being a place to get deals. Then the internet happened. Is it really a fun event when two of the four manufacturers aren't even there, you can barely find gear to try on, and there's no trailer manufacturer representation? Was there even a gear bag booth? There used to be two or three. Were people walking out with bags of stuff under their arms, trailer tires, hyfax, and wear bars like we used to? Was there a buzz in the air? That's the show I remember.

harvest1121

I talked to a dealer that is usually there but said they are tired of the other dealers complaining that they were selling at a discount.

Highflyer

Yes, those of us who have been going to the shows for many, many years remember it being a place to get deals. Then the internet happened. Is it really a fun event when two of the four manufacturers aren't even there, you can barely find gear to try on, and there's no trailer manufacturer representation? Was there even a gear bag booth? There used to be two or three. Were people walking out with bags of stuff under their arms, trailer tires, hyfax, and wear bars like we used to? Was there a buzz in the air? That's the show I remember.
I'm going to go on a limb and say you didn't go to the show. If you couldn't find gear to try on then that is on you. UpNorth Sports was there occupying half the space and they carry damn near every brand of gear possible. Additionally 509 had a nice display and then two other dealers present selling gear.

Yes, it is a bummer that Artic Cat and Yamaha don't show up but I'll go on a limb to say 80% riders only care about Skidoo/Polaris.

Legend had a couple of trailers to look at and yes a gear bag booth was present.

Look, snowmobiling in general isn't what it was in the 80/90's but shows like this one have a benefit to us sledders. Blindly bashing it and potentially influencing others not to attend only hurts the rest of us that don't mind spending $12 bucks to get in. Pretty damn cheap entertainment for a Friday night if you ask me. I would say on Friday night the place had a buzz. Can't speak for Saturday/Sunday.

chunk06

I will still go. We pretty much bought everything we needed at Haydays so We did not buy much at the show. Hard for there to be deals when everyone sold out of leftover inventory last year, I sold a used pair of Klim bibs for $225 in Febuary and they went fast. I think it will take a few bad years for there to be deals on leftover gear again. I hope it keeps going.

ridindirty800

Wide Open Powersports show is hands and away better then MKE show. For only its second year they grew a lot and already confirmed to be larger next. Don't miss it next year. Great time, better deals and cheap to get in with free parking.

harski

Used to like going to the show too but lack of vendors doesn't interest me. When costs were being brought up a few years ago as the cause I said they should look at the Alliant energy center in Madison as an alternative. Still central to Illinois/N WI and may draw a few more out of Iowa. Plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area and most importantly easy access from the interstate.

Highflyer

Used to like going to the show too but lack of vendors doesn't interest me. When costs were being brought up a few years ago as the cause I said they should look at the Alliant energy center in Madison as an alternative. Still central to Illinois/N WI and may draw a few more out of Iowa. Plenty of hotels and restaurants in the area and most importantly easy access from the interstate.

I don't have an issue with the venue but could certainly see wanting it out of the Milwaukee area.

1fujifilm

Very lackluster show Highlands Yamaha was not there who always has the deals. Wanted to spend $600 on a helmet but they told me they hope they come in soon. No Yamaha or Cat either if you wanted the latest Klim or Fxr it was not a bad show.
Was Ski-Doo there handing out coupons in New sled purchases?

Bear

harvest1121

I doubt anyone will hand out discounts anymore. But I did find a dealer to trade a new Trek bike for a Oxygen Helmet so it will not cost the $600 now. Just need the Sidewinder to come in and I will be happy.

ridindirty800

I know when I used to be involved in getting a space and going to the MKE show, the prices to rent even the smallest spot were getting out of hand. Then add any extra, like power, it was another $500. This is not the show promoters fault, but the venue. Oh, and that $500 power? It was just an extension cord from the outlet nearby to our booth!

This is the reason why Venders are leaving and wanted to start a new show (wide open Powersports) as it was getting crazy to rent the space. The people who put on the MKE snow show were making a killing on what they charged to rent space.

pclark

Its that way with all shows, doesn't matter what product category. Now with COVID the last couple of years and all the shows cancelled all over the country those companies that put them on and charge so much for booths, power, chairs, carpet, etc kind of got what they deserve. They were all profit centers, we are a small supplier and saw prices into the thousands of dollars during the years leading up to COVID. I don't miss the shows anymore!

euphoric1

I agree with pclark, I too used to work trade shows in milwaukee, I used to belong to a fishing club as well and the money the city would charge for rental of the grounds for what at one time was the largest fresh water fishing contest in the country was astronomical. But to all if the venues I have to say.... how much are you making when its standing empty and the venues don't come. You would think something has to give at some point.