Minocqua to Hayward (Chippewa Flowage)

durphee

This year we are going to ride from Minocqua over to the Chippewa Flowage. We have out rooms booked at Deerfoot lodge. I know there are several ways to ride over, hitting Park Falls and riding Tuscobia Trail would be fastest. How long would that take? Also looking at a northern route, maybe trail 8. Any ideas on length of that ride?
Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

xcr440

Its probably going to be pretty close to 75 miles from Fifield to Deerfoot on the flowage, but the first 40+ will be zoom zoom on the Tuscobia, depending on where you cut north off it. Minocqua to Fifield, I haven't rode all that at one time, but its got to be at least another 100-125 if I had to guess. Pretty close to a 200 mile day for sure, if not more.

Builder Bob

Its probably going to be pretty close to 75 miles from Fifield to Deerfoot on the flowage, but the first 40+ will be zoom zoom on the Tuscobia, depending on where you cut north off it. Minocqua to Fifield, I haven't rode all that at one time, but its got to be at least another 100-125 if I had to guess. Pretty close to a 200 mile day for sure, if not more.

Hey buddy, take a 2nd look,
By car it is 102 miles, Hayward to Deerfoot (22miles), to Fifield (46miles) to Minocque (38)miles. By trail 150% X 102 = no more than 160miles.

kevinj

Trail 10 from Minocqua to Stone Lake/Lac Courte Orielle and back was 225 round trip. I did this several years ago at the end of March. Minocqua to Fifield is about 50 miles one way.

xcr440

See, I blew that leg of it! I guess it looked farther by trail than I thought from Minocqua to Fifield. Easy day ride then. And as asked, trail 8 back would definitely be a little longer and more scenic ride away from the Tuscobia.