Mn Arrowhead

Apex1000

Conditions

Was just there over Feb 10-12....Rode out of Lutsen area went to Finland area Via NSST and was very good....gets better as you go north from Finland up the Gunflint all good TONS of snow....put on 250 miles and only seen 8 sleds.

We stayed in Tofte over the weekend. This is farther north from Finland/Silver Bay, etc. The trails were good in Tofte along Hwy. 61 just up from the lake, with just a few rocks here and there. Over the hill on the state trail the trails were perfect with lots of snow. We rode to the Trestle Inn in Finland and trails were great there too.

xcr440

BOOK NOW. Seriously, 325 miles with my son this past weekend, and short of the last mile or so into Tofte for gas, and the Timberwolf trail past Wildhurst north of Finland (Which I heard was groomed last night), trails were a 9-10 of 10 ALL WEEKEND. State Trail from south of Finland all the way to the gas stations in Grand Marais were about as nice as it gets, freshly groomed by morning both Saturday and Sunday the full distance. Tomahawk past Trestle Inn was groomed twice over the weekend, basically perfect. Even the trails around Lutsen were groomed recently and good to excellent. If you live in MN, I don't know why you would go to the UP unless you've already bought that sticker you want to keep using (I'm sure those that go to the UP would like to see their traffic drop).

snowlover

Friends of mine were up there this past weekend and went from the parking area north of Two Harbors and rode to Grand Marais, up the Gunflint and stayed in Grand Marais. Rode back to Two Harbors and said the trails were perfect. Hardly saw a sled and the NSST was groomed on Saturday and Sunday.

lcfcats

On the way back from the U.P and wanted to know if its worth a couple of days more since we're up here already...................BTW western U.P. is in the best condition I've seen in several years. 400 perfect miles in 3 days; a little cold but it IS winter!