MN North Shore 3/13-3/15

elf

Got up to the cabin in Finland again this weekend to ride. Rode friday night just on some local trails and they were very good. Saturady morning I headed up to Isabella to meet up with some friends for the day. The NSST and the Timberwolf trails were excellent Sat morning. The Tomahawk was very rough!
Had some great riding, rode powerlines, forest roads, clear cuts, etc... Snow was 3'deep in the woods and being so warm it was very soft. One of the guys had a short track with and he struggled mightily off trail.

The NSST on Saturday morning
106651.jpg

First stuck of the day
106652.jpg

Having a break by a lake
106653.jpg

Stuck Switchback
106654.jpg

Stuck switchback again
106655.jpg

One powerline we followed
106656.jpg

It was a great day. Unfortunately the guy riding the shorttrack threw a rock through his heat exchanger at one of his stucks and had to get towed home.

The NSST was excellent again on Sunday morning for the bit we followed it.

samc

Elf,
What was the temp this past weekend. The reason I ask is do you think there will any left for this upcoming weekend?

elf

Both days we rode it was around 50 degrees. Not sure what the trails will be like this copming weekend. Forest roads will probably still be very good. The NSST east of Finland was still very good on Sunday morning but we were off it by noon on Sunday. Traffic though was very light on Sunday.
I plan to be up there in 2 weeks to ride forest roads again so I guess I think there will still be snow.