mobile internet service

miaferominka

Don't know what a air card is but in Rockland I get a full signal

\

big_motor_guy

Don't know what a air card is but in Rockland I get a full signal.

I think they are talking about internet sevice not cell phone, either way verizon is the best in that area for mobile or internet service (air card) but all providers have thier areas that they work and don't in others. I ran into a place last year where my AT&T worked but verizon did not (north of houghton a ways), wierd but it happens, nothing is fool proof especially in the UP.

maddogg

An air car is a small "box" that pick up a cellular wireless signal and turns it into a mini wifi area around the card. You then can pick the signal up from your laptop. It allows you to get internet anywhere you can get a cell phone signal. Works pretty good to. We canceled our home internet and use this only. Cancelled our land line too.

polarisrider1

I have Verison. Isn't internet big bucks to have on laptop if wireless? I just cruise the neighborhood to find an un secured high speed wireless connection. or hang out at the bus station. lol

Firecatguy

I have Verison. Isn't internet big bucks to have on laptop if wireless? I just cruise the neighborhood to find an un secured high speed wireless connection. or hang out at the bus station. lol

we used the spirit card last year and it worked great but you have a 2year agreement to sign and that stinks unless it your only source of Internet!! If your looking for Internet service in the truck or at motel that don't have it this is what I went to!!its A pay as you go. I only use it in the winter on trips so having it all summer was A wast for me,I have internet at home,work etc!!!

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband

dognvenus

The wife and I travel the US by truck and have had a Verizon Air Card since they were offered on the market. Service area has improved greatly. We have many other company drivers that we talk to and the ones that complain the most have Sprint or ATT. We can go from state to state and never lose the signal.
In the W. UP service can be spotty but anywhere there is a small town, you will probobly have service.
I don't know about the USB cards but ours is a PC slot card and it has an antenna port which we use with a Wilson amp and Wilson exterior antenna.

Dog

Also it will the abilty to use Wi-Fi if you do not have it on your laptop

Last edited:

big_motor_guy

I'll give ya an iphoney review after the weekend...

Not sure about the Iphoney

but the Iphone sux, ATT service is garbage all over the UP, can get some service up in ontenogon, twinlakes if your next to the road with one leg in the air and holding a tree branch, service is fine in houghton, but who's isn't.

Nothing in mass city, greenland, silver city, or anything south of bergland

icantsee

Verizon , as I type her in Calumet. Worked everywhere I needed it to. The Network man..............................................

scott_b

I tried to use a Verizon wirerless card over the weekend at our house on LG. No signal there. We are on the west shore about 3 miles north of Fishtales and 3 miles south of the Hoop.