More Black Eyes on the Sport

timo

I just got home from a snowmobile event that had at least 1000 sleds gathered at one lake site with water skipping, 12 deep at the 10 port a johns, 30 paks a beer everywhere, scantily clad individuals jumping into open water, tail gaters, at least 100 4 wheelers, couches with skis as well as a shopping cart on skis towed through the water skip zone...successfully!!!
a snowmobile Woodstock of sorts....no injuries, no fights, just lots of smiles from one sledder to another from where I stood. If everyone gets home clean this should go down in history as a true miracle... I think it will.
Pickerel lake I’m sure your referring too.
Been there a few times.
How r the trails holding up? Gotta believe by mid week with the warmup,, they’re going to be mush

snobuilder

Pickerel lake I’m sure your referring too.
Been there a few times.
How r the trails holding up? Gotta believe by mid week with the warmup,, they’re going to be mush
The weather this season from early on has set up a great ice base. That is what is holding things together so far.

I rode (Bib) pantsless today and loved the freedom it offered. We let it all hang out. I can't believe how well the trails are holding up. The power steering Apex and Vector were carving it up like a ninja on crack the past 3 days. No comment on tomarow or the next few days. We will head back home a day early to tend to our garden down south. Obviously sun burnt roads will be gone. Only positive will be the 16 or so hours a day it WILL be below freezing.
Fingers crossed for some snow later this week.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Why not...I've had one for probably 30+ seasons...No weekend riding...I ride Monday-Friday@noon...Ride from sun up to sundown...If im in the U.P. I can get 300+ mi within that timeframe...Northwoods a little less...Your welcome to try and hang with me for one of those 4 day 1200 milers...Like u told me before..."The sport has passed me by"...LOOOOL
My husband and I love to ride at night.

First, I can see everybody coming, and just by the headlights I know how they are riding. Second the later, or earlier in the morning it is the less riders that are out. Third, shut down your sled off the side of the trail at 3 am in the morning and you get 2 wonderful things. Absolute silence, and an amazing view of the stars in the Northwoods.

Our sleds are stock, no load cans, weekends are when we get away so we start later in the day than most so that part of our day is relatively peaceful.

O I forgot another benefit, I'm normally the first tracks on that beautiful, smooth snow ribbon after the night groomers are out.

pclark

My husband and I love to ride at night.

First, I can see everybody coming, and just by the headlights I know how they are riding. Second the later, or earlier in the morning it is the less riders that are out. Third, shut down your sled off the side of the trail at 3 am in the morning and you get 2 wonderful things. Absolute silence, and an amazing view of the stars in the Northwoods.

Our sleds are stock, no load cans, weekends are when we get away so we start later in the day than most so that part of our day is relatively peaceful.

O I forgot another benefit, I'm normally the first tracks on that beautiful, smooth snow ribbon after the night groomers are out.
Nice rides I bet!

Tuck

one of the never forget rides we had was in the wee hours of the morning. Left Calumet rode 17 & 3 loop to Hancock and back, fresh tracks the whole way not a another sled seen. Then up to the cliffs across from Vansville to watch the sunrise.